I have good technique. Im still learning how to sweep but my playing otherwise is very articulate and fast when I want it to be. I know how to pinch and all of that stuff. I can improvise solos very well if Im really into it. However when I see a guitar solo on tablature I just freak out. I see and i play like 10 notes of it then I say "forget it!". Are there any song I can use to get my tab based soloing up to par?
You begin with putting a question mark at the end of the thread title to make it a question. It will all follow from there.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Go to any solo and learn it by sections, maybe a measure at a time. Do it slowly at first, and then speed it up.

A lot of the time when i learn a solo, I use it more as a "guideline" anyway, keeping some "key" parts and improvising other bits here and there. No rule says you have to play it exactly as it was written.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
first, download guitar pro 5 or powertab or something.
second, that happened to me as well, the best way to beat your fear of solos is fighting them.
third. try learning an easy-not shredding-blues solo like guns n roses, pink floyd or something.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Fuck it.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
if you can improvise solos really well then why don't you just improvise them instead of playing everything note for note?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by magnum1117
first, download guitar pro 5 or powertab or something.
second, that happened to me as well, the best way to beat your fear of solos is fighting them.
third. try learning an easy-not shredding-blues solo like guns n roses, pink floyd or something.

ahhhh good idea... actually
Quote by Gregoric
if you can improvise solos really well then why don't you just improvise them instead of playing everything note for note?

because improvising "for the love of god" would probably kill me.
get guitar pro 5. there is a feature were you can take any section of the tab and reduce the speed by however much you want. you can also use the speed trainer which puts the section in a loop, so lets say you start playing at 20% of the actual speed. you can make it so that everytime you play it the speed increases 1%, 5%, or how ever much you want.

its really good
Smells Like Teen Spirit.

The solo was tough but I got there in the end, just keep trying!

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Smells Like Teen Spirit.

The solo was tough but I got there in the end, just keep trying!

I really cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not. lol.

I can play solos man. I just cant play the ones Id like to (master[still working on it, for the love of god, trust, super colossal)
Quote by zeemonkey
because improvising "for the love of god" would probably kill me.

well maybe you should start with some less intimidating solos then and work your way up to something like that
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by zeemonkey
I really cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not. lol.

I can play solos man. I just cant play the ones Id like to (master[still working on it, for the love of god, trust, super colossal)

yeah I was being very sarcastic. My sarcasm isn't very good today, a bit too subtle.

I'd say get guitar pro and do what the guy above me said. It seems like the best way to learn other people's solos. I never learn solos to be honest. But if I wanted to, I'd use guitar pro.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
i know i'm gonna get flamed for mentioning them, but, Trivium solo's are a good way to get over a fear of solo's that and some CoB ones, short sweet and not too difficult.

for instance, i'm probably at the same stage as you and i'm learning gunshot wound to the head of the trepidation solo at the moment. then i'm goona look at pull harder... and needled 24/7. and guitar pro 5 is amazing!
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by Toms' anominous
i know i'm gonna get flamed for mentioning them, but, Trivium solo's are a good way to get over a fear of solo's that and some CoB ones, short sweet and not too difficult.

for instance, i'm probably at the same stage as you and i'm learning gunshot wound to the head of the trepidation solo at the moment. then i'm goona look at pull harder... and needled 24/7. and guitar pro 5 is amazing!

alright guys ill definitely look into the GP5 speed trainer and ill check out those trivium songs. Im not to into BoD but it Trivium is "supposed to sound like metallica" then ill check it out