1st off, plz only post positive suggestions. I don't have time for negative ones. I will ignore them.

Now, here's the situation. Airight, I live in the St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN area. (For you Brits or others not from the USA, that's in the top middle of the USA and touches Canada.) Rage Against the Machine is comin to the Target Center, our main sports/convention center, on September 3rd. And the local radio station is havin a Presale for tickets this Friday. I'm not sure I'll be able to get nough cash for the Presale; so, that's a null issue. However, I still wanna go.

Tickets cost $58 (US dollars, of course) on ticketmaster.com. Now, I have a job. But they don't give me very good hours. (Plus, I pay half of my pay to my parents as rent cuz I'm over 18 and that's the agreement we've worked out in the Summers when I'm not off at college studying. [They pay for college, so I thought it was only fair.]) Also, I don't know if my parents will let me go, as they are very strict despite the fact that I'm 19. (Much to my extreme angst, they don't let me do stuff that they think will damage my soul, lotta religious BS, ya know.) Here's where y'll come in.

I need suggestions on wat to do to get money and how I can convinve my parents to let me go. Or should I lie and tell my parents I'm goin to a friend's house for the night? How can I get my boss to let me work more hours? Or should I jus get nother job, as it is August and many people are goin back to college or high school? (I'm searchin for a new job anyway cuz my parents keep pressurin me to do so; so, to get em off my back, I'm lookin for nother part-time job.) Wat do y'll think?
yes
Quote by GmacD
Chicken and waffles motha F*cka

Quote by Joey Radical
Just be a man and **** your mom.
***** urself out
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Tell them you are 19 and only want to go and see one of your favourite bands in the world.

Say these words: "Imagine how much you would want to go Jesus sing political rap-funk-rock songs if he came to town, that's how much I wanna go and a bit more"

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Many teen movies have been made based around this very subject. Obviously, you need to lie to your parents, get the money in an illegitimate fashion, and then be caught, and learn a life-lesson.
Your Signature:
in regards to the being allowed to go - Stop bein such a pussy and just go. 19? wow.
Quote by freddaahh
I do think it is a rather suspect sound of metal dildos and horses.
Quote by rocklikeafool
Rage Against the Machine is comin to the Target Center, our main sports/convention center, on September 3rd.

Does anyone else see the irony here?
So your parents treat you as an adult by charging you rent, but they won't let you go to a concert? Tell them you want to go, and that you are mature enough to go to a concert.

And the money situation, ask your boss for more hours.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by rocklikeafool

Tickets cost $58 (US dollars, of course)

****, that's what that $ symbol means? Dammit, I have to go re-think my life.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Do you have any guiar gear (like a guitar you don't use(if you have more than one) or an amp that you don't need)? If you do then sell it for at least the total of the ticket cost
Quote by Holy.
So your parents treat you as an adult by charging you rent, but they won't let you go to a concert? Tell them you want to go, and that you are mature enough to go to a concert.

And the money situation, ask your boss for more hours.

I agree with Holy. Try to reason with your parents and your boss.
just ask for some more hours at work and go. If your parents have a problem with, then just explain it to them that you want to go and that there are a lot worse bands out there than RATM.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Tell them you are 19 and only want to go and see one of your favourite bands in the world.

Say these words: "Imagine how much you would want to go Jesus sing political rap-funk-rock songs if he came to town, that's how much I wanna go and a bit more"

hallelujah!
Tell them that seeing Rage Against the Machine live would be the musical equivelant of seeing Jesus healing a leper and performing other such miracles onstage.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder
When you see the white whale
Break your backs and crack your oars men
If you wish to prevail
Quote by justinrobbins7
Many teen movies have been made based around this very subject. Obviously, you need to lie to your parents, get the money in an illegitimate fashion, and then be caught, and learn a life-lesson.

damn I would have sig'd this if I had the space
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
i second what Symmetry4321 said. try to find something you can sell to get the ticket. hopefully i'll see you there
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
Find another job, and for the love of god, man, you're 19 years old. Grow some gonads.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
haha my 11yr old brother n i maybe goin.. good news for ths most of that is?
i already have the money lol, gettin paid 280$ a week every week rules lol
maybe we'd see ya there who knows depends if we can get a ride but,

if u really need money you could do a few things,
ask ur boss for some more hours, get a loan from like a friend, or whatever have sum1 else pay n u pay em back with ur next check, could sell some random junk on ebay, sell some old equipment for around the ticket cost,

could wh*re urself out to 6fat chicks for 10$
or 1really fat chick for 60$
(+1 to any1 who gets where i stole it and twisted it from)
Quote by Zugunruhe
"sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will violate me sexually."
Quote by pogo the clown
could wh*re urself out to 6fat chicks for 10$
or 1really fat chick for 60$
(+1 to any1 who gets where i stole it and twisted it from)

Family guy? I'm sure that Quagmire said it...

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
I don't see why you even need to discuss this with your parents if you're 19. Do they always know where you are and where you're going? Damn, and I thought my parents were overprotective...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Tell them you don't give a **** about your soul.

Alternatively you could get a better job.
Irony FTW.

Quote by The Dance Hat
Technology is completely unnecessary and complicates life.

The Gear

Ibanez XPT 700
Laney Hardcore MXD 30
sleep on the streets to save the rent money. use whats swved for tickets, then move back in.