Ok guys, I have finally decided on an amp and a cab, AND my final rack setup.

Here is the list with the prices of each. I will be putting a fund at the bottom of my sig. I am just wondering if you see anything missing that I have either posted about, or you think should be in there. I play anything and everything from clean to metal to blues rock...basically everything. I believe I have pretty much covered my bases......

18U ATA Rack Case ~ $600
Furman PL-Plus II ~ $190
Samson Airline 77 Wireless ~ Already Own
Samson Rack Mount Kit ~ $30
KORG DTR 1000 ~ $180
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G ~ $405
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive ~ $130
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power ~ $170
DBX 131 31-band G-EQ ~ $150
Voodoo Lab GCX ~ $400
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro ~ $400

Engl E-530 Preamp ~ $600
VHT 2:90:2 Power Amp ~ $1500
Vader 4x12 ~ $700

Total OF

$5455 for the whole thing....

Sounds good to me!!!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Aug 12, 2008,
holy ****...do you play a lot of gigs?
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
I do play a lot of gigs, when i'm with a band, and with the next band (joining in a month or so) we will be playing probably 40 shows in the winter, and then touring all summer (still up in the air)
Then all that is essential gear. I can't see anything that is missing personally, have you got a pedal tuner? Stupid question maybe but it happened to my mate - bought a **** load of stuff but didn't even have a tuner for when he was live - I laughed very hard.
The KORG DTR 2000 in the rack is my tuner..... hmm.... I wonder....think it would be a waste to have a floor tuner as well?
I may switch to he KORG DTR 1000.... I just realized that the differences are minimal when it comes down to it, and I think that if REALLY need the preset tunings then maybe.....jut maybe... I might go for it, but the Furman already has rack lights...no need for the one on the 2000..... what does everyone think?
Rack lights can be added personally in different ways so I would go with what you actually think you may really need. Of course, the only way to find out what is essential to you play live and experience it first hand. Then you can nitpick and siphon through what you need the most and what you don't. Your rig and setup will most likely change over time, as your requirements evolve and your necessities become more advanced. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.
I've bumped this 'cause its a good thread and you deserve help and discussions from other more knowledgeable folks than myself.
Thanks

I have made the decision to move down to the 1000 model, since the only real difference is the rack light and preset tunings, which is definitely NOT worth 80 dollars.....

Also, I will scan and upload my GCX flowchart as soon as I finish........
You don't need the balanced outputs(unnecessary and won't do anything extra for your sound) of the 882i sonic maximizer, the 428i will be fine.
That is if you really need one at all, I think they're bull**** and if anything just cut out mids.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I'll be honest I kind of doubt your going to go through with that gear. I did the same thing and Im selling the little that I did buy.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
The Sonic Maximizer seems unecessary to me. I would say the same for the ISP, but you might actually need it with that much...stuff.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The Sonic Maximizer seems unecessary to me. I would say the same for the ISP, but you might actually need it with that much...stuff.

I was thinking the same - a maximizer into a 2000 dollar head, to me, should be unncessary...
Quote by hendrix4934
I'll be honest I kind of doubt your going to go through with that gear. I did the same thing and Im selling the little that I did buy.

Says you.

Thanks for the support bud!

And, for those of you that are saying dont get the BBE, have you used one? If so, was it live or in the studio? Also, it won't cut mids unless you set it down quite a bit.
I tried one briefly - and it's not so much that there was anything wrong, I just think you might hold off on getting one and trying the Tre first. The rivera is supposed to be quite nice stand alone and I just can't imagine the maximizer will add a whole lot to your sound.

Basically - I think you can get a better result with proper eq-ing.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Says you.

Thanks for the support bud!

And, for those of you that are saying dont get the BBE, have you used one? If so, was it live or in the studio? Also, it won't cut mids unless you set it down quite a bit.

well if you have a 2k amp, It won't make much of a difference really.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by guitar/bass76
I tried one briefly - and it's not so much that there was anything wrong, I just think you might hold off on getting one and trying the Tre first. The rivera is supposed to be quite nice stand alone and I just can't imagine the maximizer will add a whole lot to your sound.

Basically - I think you can get a better result with proper eq-ing.

Exactly. A Sonic Maximizer is essentionally an EQ that tweaks certain bands that the human ear likes...with time and your 31-band EQ, you can get the same result.
Hmm, thanks for the honest advice... I may just consider dropping the bbe and sticking with the dbx....

EDIT:

Also, the ISP will most certainly be needed with a high gain amp.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Aug 12, 2008,
I don't have much to add. I like the Sparkle Drive, with the right amp. The highs were a bit ear piercing with the wrong amp, though. Make sure you try it!
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Okay,

I have made the decision to switch.

Rivera K-Tre... gone

Now:

Engl E-530 Pre
VHT 2:90:2 Power
ALSO:

Removed the TC G-Major, as with metal, I am not really sure I will need the effects.
Have you even played half of this **** before?
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
I can't play the amps....i live nowhere near anywhere that sells it. Therefore, I cannot.

Soundclips though, incredible.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I can't play the amps....i live nowhere near anywhere that sells it. Therefore, I cannot.

Soundclips though, incredible.

Hmmm 6'gs for a bunch of stuff you have never ever played. BTW I've heard recordings with a MG 30 that was incredible.
Thats such BS man, seriously. I have used all of the stuff except the ENGL Pre and Poweramps.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Thats such BS man, seriously. I have used all of the stuff except the ENGL Pre and Poweramps.

what the fact I've heard good recording of a MG or what????? Is is that hard to believe
That's a valid point, I wouldn't buy an amp based on soundclips alone, probably. Especially at that cost. Ever seen the SS v. Tube recording threads? Just by listening to soundclips online, it's nearly impossible to even distinguish the difference between SS and tube tone, let alone get a good enough grasp on gear to spend $6,000 on it.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Hopefully you don't get everything at once, unless of course you've tried everything on that list. Theres a chance you'll get something that you have no use of, or isn't what you expected. Just don't blow a bunch of cash on all that gear at once and then regret it before you even get to play with all of it.

And a pedal tuner would probably make it a bit easier for you, rather then the rack tuner. I guess it would depend on how big the places are that you're planning on playing.

EDIT- If you haven't played absolutly everything, and you're going off sound clips, then you'll probably be extremely dissapointed when you get this gear. Wasting a bunch of cash on gear that you're not even sure of is just stupid, extremely stupid.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Aug 12, 2008,
yea man Im not trying to jump in your ****, but I seen in your profile that you've been playing for only three years, I dont see why you need all that equipment. All the guys that I have known that use "rack mounted" gear accumulated it over years and years finding out what works by trial and error (majority of the time its error). Chances are when you finally (if ever) get all that you want your going to be HEAVILY dissapointed.
So what? and actually, its 4 years now. If you have heard some of my music, then great, if you havent, **** off dude, you have no right at all. Okay... i've only been playing for 4 years, so i cant POSSIBLy know what tone i want..no way...

ohhhh i looked in your profile and you're playing a gibson.... OMG MUST BE PRO!!!

**** off man

I want all of this, because I have used 90% of it, and have found that it gets me very close to where I want to be. The only issue I am having is amp-wise....

what nerve......
How long you've been playing means nothing, as long as it's long enough to know what you want in your tone.

My only point is it's seriously dangerous dropping 2 grand on an amp based on sound clips alone. If you're dead set on buying it without trying, I'd suggest buying used so you can sale it and get at least most of your money back if you become unhappy with it.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Thanks a lot football fan, seriously, assholes are assholes, and you can't do anything about that lol....

I have gotten in contact with a guy from L.A that will mod my Randall modules to EXACTLY what I want.
You say you've tried most of the gear, so does that you mean you've tried it all together? I'm guessing you tried it with the amp your stating you never played as well?
Actually no

I have played it all with a Dual Recto and a Koch Powertone II