So I am about to get one of my friends old squier guitars. I have been looking at this forum for quite a while now and want to try my hand at some modding.

I just have a few noob questions though.

If i were to buy a lefty strat neck would i be able to put it on a righty guitar with absolutely no problems? (i want to go for a more hendrix esque type guitar)

I was looking in buying a prewired pickguard
What would be the procedure in putting it on the guitar?

Like for example how would i acttually put it in the guitar

RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk
god, how many times...give good advice, only if you know it.

the nut on the neck would have to be flipped, along with the fact that the radius, depth, and all othger measurements on the neck are EXACKLY the same. not off by even a .01 mm. to make a long story shot, length from bridge to 12th fret must be exactly the same as nut to 12th fret. you figure out how to make it fit in the neck pocket perfectly, hopefully you can handle that, TS.

you deserve to die for your username.

but i'll still give you advice.

prewired pickguard:

to get it on the guitar you'll have to have some ability to solder, or someone who does. This isn't hard, get a 10 dollar iron from radioshack, some 60/40 rosin core solder, practice a ton, study tutorials online like this one:

http://www.curiousinventor.com/guides/How_To_Solder

watch that, it'll take less time than me explaining it to you. read around more. you'll have to solder two wires to the output jack. one on the tip, for hot wire, one on ring for ground wire. One more wire to be soldered to the back of your volume pot, the wire coming from your bridge. This is a ground wire.

with thhat done, screw everything down and you should be good to go. If you want to be sure you have a good solder connection, buy a DMM and check contenuity.

good luck.

EDIT: You don't deserve to die for your username after all, if you secrectly do like punk, because deep down, there is a place for it in all of our hearts..*tears up*

I'm sorry,...I'm sorry...
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Last edited by THE Saint Jimmy at Aug 6, 2008,
Thank you

and yes my username is extremely stupid but i made it a while ago and whatever not important

but i do have a friend that can solder but i think i will try to myself

thank you for your help
RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk
no problem, good luck!
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
or the most important thing, radius and scale hahahaha.

but seriously man, just make sure you know what you're talking about totally before you post, just cause i hate when people give me bad advice, then i **** something up. that's the only reason i said that, no worries!

=]
Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by death-to-punk

well, generally i would recommend reading the instructions since they would act as a sort of "guide" towards installing the pickguard onto the guitar.
Quote by death-to-punk
So I am about to get one of my friends old squier guitars. I have been looking at this forum for quite a while now and want to try my hand at some modding.

I just have a few noob questions though.

If i were to buy a lefty strat neck would i be able to put it on a righty guitar with absolutely no problems? (i want to go for a more hendrix esque type guitar)

i HONESTLY doubt you could be any gayer