i have an epiphone goth les paul studio. its a great guitar but i would like to invest into new pickups and maybe a floyd rose whammy or something similar to that. i need help choosing the right pickups though. for the bridge i want a pickup that is high output good for heavy metal with lots of distortion but good with clean settings too. it needs to be bottom-heavy with lots of chunk and just very heavy sounding. for the neck pickup i want one that gives my guitar a sweet, sad sounding tone. i would like both pickups to be from the same company (obviously).
1- Assuming you have a decent amp, I would suggest either a set of EMGs or DiMarzio X2Ns.

2- Routing is a pain in the ass, and it costs alot of money. An FR wouldn't be a good idea. But if you insist on getting a tremolo, I suggest a Bigsby Vibrato tailpiece.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Suggesting a Bigsby as an alternative to a Floyd Rose is pretty silly, is what I'm saying.

i agree. bigsby is light vibrato, floyd roses are divebombs.
Quote by grimguitarist91
*sigh* why is it my threads never get answered?

Because it had been there for all of 7 sodding minutes...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I normally wouldn't suggest a Bigsby as a FR alternative, but on a guitar as painful to rout as a Les Paul, it seems like a decent way to go.

I had something else to say, but I don't remember what.
Stetsbar instead of an FR? And maybe you could get EMG and 18v mod them. But that'll be a lot of extra wiring crap, assuming you have passives now.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Stetsbars have about the same range as Bigsby. A little more. Still not an alternative to an FR.

Ah, I see. I had heard they were a good alternative to FRs.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Do this with it! Looks awesome, I have the same pickup in my LP (GFS Dream 90) and it sounds great clean. Might want something else in the bridge though if you want heavy distortion, like this maybe.
I own both pickups and they are INcredible for the price.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Aug 6, 2008,
it their not a kahler that can straight fit a tom
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club