jebus christ...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=40599

in the future, seach before making a topic, and use the search menu NOT the search bar.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Aug 6, 2008,
this thread has been done a million times before, use searchbar.
and no that guitar phails.
not worth money tuning isn't that hard.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
+1 searchbar

and i would never buy it. IMO, its for the lazy, rich ass new guitarists
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
+1 searchbar

and i would never buy it. IMO, its for the lazy, rich ass new guitarists

yep, a guitar company would put a guitar into production to aim for a very tiny amount of potential customers.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Pat_s1t
maybe if it had a self-tuning, self-leveling floyd it would be worth it...

Edit: and if it wasn't Gibson...

+10,000

if it was am ibanez or something with a floyd and it could do that, then I would go for it. As for the Gibson, its a huge waste of money as are all gibsons...
It's letting any clueless rich kid able to play guitar and not even need to tune it.
Quote by Slay 'Em
It's letting any clueless rich kid able to play guitar and not even need to tune it.

what's the difference between this and using an electronic tuner?

Quote by element4433
using an electronic tuner, you still use your ears. and your fingers to turn the tuners.

with the robot, you simply press a button. ...cool. -_-
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Dude, you're a little late, aren't you... this thing came out like 8 months ago....
O O

___

One just didn't feel like enough.

*reported*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I saw it the day it came out at Motor City Guitar.

One of the guys there told me pretty much, it's a collector's item.
Quote by bjovi400
using an electronic tuner, you still use your ears. and your fingers to turn the tuners.

with the robot, you simply press a button. ...cool. -_-

A deaf person can tune a guitar properly using a decent electronic tuner, so it's not like you have to use your ears. and you use your fingers? big deal. you use your fingers to turn the knob to select your tuning and press it in order to get it to tune.

and the cost will put it out of reach of most people who don't know how to tune. 99% of the owners of this guitar will be experienced enough to know how to tune.

Quote by element4433
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Aug 6, 2008,
I like the concept of the Robot Guitar and I would like it to become standard at some point, when cost drops-

a) There are way too many people who always play out of tune because they've never had a guitar that's been tuned just right, so they develop a bad ear. That certainly won't happen anymore.
b) Makes alternate tunings more attractive because it's less of a hastle to switch back to standard.
c) Less "set-up time", which I am always thankful for- and I'm not a lazy guy by any means.
d) Less of a barrier to entry for newer players who "just want to play".
e) Opens up the possibility of other advancements in guitar tech. Downloadable guitar effects in a microchip on the actual guitar?
Weapons of choice-
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Jazz Bass

Favorite genre-

Hard Rock
Hair Metal
Classic Metal
J-Rock