hello. iv been having a look around and thought i might as well post something. heres some of my builds and my current one. i shall just post everything in this thread rather than starting a new one everytime.

Sakura Svelte Custom

this one has bare knuckle p92's with flamed maple neck/fingerboard with my first inlay that was anything other than dots.

Desiree

this one has a wenge neck/fingerboard with south american mahogany body w/flamed maple top. bare knuckle mississippi queen and nailbomb with custom etched cover

Deco S Jnr "tri-caster"

this is the one im doing at the moment

this will have three 15 year old burns tri-sonics controlled by a 5-way (with usual strat selections), master vol (w/push/pull introducing neck pickup), master tone (push/pull phase switch), series/parallel switch and blend pot for series selections

gorgeous builds man.
you make any of these to sell?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Not my style but nice none the less. How long have you been building guitars?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
gorgeous builds man.
you make any of these to sell?

if people want them i do. the first one was for a friend. the second one was just to do it, and the third one im hoping to sell on once its done. my site ishttp://www,afguitars.co.uk.

by the way im not on here to advertise dont shout at me. he asked so i told him. i just like looking at new guitars and i know lots of other people do so i thought id put mine on.

thanks for the other comments guys. and nebiru - i build my first about 12 years ago. then a five year gap. then another five year gap. then after that iv been going pretty regularly
Quote by hooglebug
if people want them i do. the first one was for a friend. the second one was just to do it, and the third one im hoping to sell on once its done. my site ishttp://www,afguitars.co.uk.

you built that guitar from scratch for a friend?
just a present or what?
damn I wish I had a friend like that
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
well she paid for (most of) the parts and materials. and shes an ex too so it makes me even more special hehe
got the burst done yesterday. was going to do the clear today only my spray gun is leaking out of every orifice so im going to have to get a new one.

i went a bit black happy on the neck, but ah well. also, theres not the huge difference in brightness of the neck and back as there looks to be in the pic either

dam that burst is nice
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Hey have I seen your builds any where else PG? UK guitar builders forum?

They look great, only non of them are perfect for me they all have something I dont like

e.g. the first one has great colour but a horrible white cavity cover and the rest is stunning.

and other things like strange contours and head stocks that just arnt for me, but the workman ship looks great!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
You should just do the whole neck black.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Nice work!! There are some fine details here and there, but overall... very good.

I like the originality of your pieces. You've got some fresh ideas in there.

I like the black burst, and I think the neck looks fine.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
yes im on pg and uk builders forum.

i guess theres always bits on every guitar that some people dont like. or whole guitars that some people dont like. no one can please everyone all of the time. which is good i think. otherwise it'd be quite boring.

and of course im still improving. every guitar i do is a little better than the last, which is also always good. otherwise id just be crap. or the greatest ever. and im neither. so thats good too
Yes, with these experiences you will just keep improving.

You can't account for taste... hell, I got ragged on pretty hard for decisions I made in the design of my guitar while everyone ignored the hard work I put into it.

Fact is, your work will be judged on the look of the finished product. If people don't like the look, they won't like the guitar. Thats just how shallow most human beings are.

It's nice to get over that and just appreciate the work involved in the building process... so even if I don't like your style, I can appreciate what you've done.

Thats not to say I don't like your style, as most of it looks really good.
My Music
^ not everyone! I didn't rag on your guitar.

Also, this is a very nice guitar, looks very well built and the shape is awesome. Wood is great too.
zeroyon you seem to be quite bitter about your experience of posting your build, but you'll have to just get over it, people on UG express themselves.

I have never criticised a guitar 100% negative, if I dont like it I wont post, and if it isnt for me I will always post that I still think it looks like it is being built well and congratulate them, like I have in my post in this thread.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by hooglebug
if people want them i do. the first one was for a friend. the second one was just to do it, and the third one im hoping to sell on once its done. my site ishere.

by the way im not on here to advertise dont shout at me. he asked so i told him. i just like looking at new guitars and i know lots of other people do so i thought id put mine on.

thanks for the other comments guys. and nebiru - i build my first about 12 years ago. then a five year gap. then another five year gap. then after that iv been going pretty regularly

need some help with that site?
i made

I just need something to do..

EDIT: Forgot to mention the guitars look great.. I like the second one the best..
Last edited by DuhSpesoBoyz at Aug 12, 2008,
zeroyon seems to have a big head because hes in some big bad luthier school i think. those things are a good waste of money, i much rather just take some wood to a bandsaw and enjoy the learning experience, people dont learn from other peoples mistakes, its a fact of life. ive learned more from here than i ever did from a waste-of-time BYOG course. it was pretty neat learning how to repair and maintain hollowbodies and acoustics, but again. nothing i couldnt have learned here or typed in on googles. they cost thousands of dollars and dont really make you any money when you get out.

Is the build you are doing now a neck-through or set neck? i can hardly tell from the small pictures. the upper horn is interesting, reminds me of some bass guitars ive seen.
Here we go again. I'm very sorry I brought up my thread.

Talk about the guy's guitar.
My Music
Quote by LP Addict

Is the build you are doing now a neck-through or set neck? i can hardly tell from the small pictures. the upper horn is interesting, reminds me of some bass guitars ive seen.

yeah its a neck through. and if you click the small pics they open bigger pics. or they should do anyway.

and DuhSpesoBoyz - im ok with my site for now but thanks for the offer. if i need help with some stuff in the future i may come calling
how much are those goin for about?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by hooglebug

and DuhSpesoBoyz - im ok with my site for now but thanks for the offer. if i need help with some stuff in the future i may come calling

alright cool.
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
how much are those goin for about?

well it would depend on what you have. id say start off at about £1000 going up as far as you can imagine depending on what the guitar is and has on it. probably a bit cheaper for the Aya model (basically a strat). and im in england, just so you know
so....$2000...dammit

way out of my price range...

yeah i knew u were in england, just wanted to see
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
yeah, england is so much more expensive than anywhere else. i can have stuff shipped from america cheaper than it would be to buy things here. which is poo.
That sucks. I recently did a refret for a British guy who told me he planned to take a Strat or something back with him because they cost so much over there.

It's too bad shipping to you costs so much, too.
My Music
yeah thats a bugger. but the bridge i got for this one i got for £25 including shipping from america. and to buy it over here without postage its £60. which is terrible
hey man it looks sweet ive seen you posting over on PG, exellent work
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I feel obliged to remind you that I f**king love the colour of the first guitar! Amazing!

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
what bridge did you use?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.