Hey Guys!

How are we all?

I've just got back from a festival, and I'm really motivated to write some songs and start a band!

So I sat there on my bed, guitar on my lap, power tab showing on my laptop and I start chugging Metal-Riffs! Sounds pretty cool! Until I get to putting down a structure.

I don't want to use:

Intro
Verse
Chorus
Verse
Chorus
Solo
End

My influences aren't that poppy.

However, when I put riffs together they always sound so randomly placed and don't make sense.

Can anyone share tips and advice? Everything would be appreciated!

Cheers guys!

Daryl
GUITAR!!!!!
I usually write tons of riffs and record them or write them down. Then when I write songs, I'll go through some of the riffs I've written and use them. You don't have to write a song all in one sitting.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
im having kinda ur problem..exep that with this song im making ....is metal and then at then end i turn it punk....is stupid..and im limited to what i can do with guitar pro 4 scince im a noob at it......oh well....what i mean my structures aint that good either
Quote by MetalGS3SE
I usually write tons of riffs and record them or write them down. Then when I write songs, I'll go through some of the riffs I've written and use them. You don't have to write a song all in one sitting.

true but everytime i start a cool riff and leave to do something else i completely loose wat i was going for when i started and end up with a ton of cool riffs and no songs haha i guess it depends on what kinda writer you are tho
Quote by thelizardprince
true but everytime i start a cool riff and leave to do something else i completely loose wat i was going for when i started and end up with a ton of cool riffs and no songs haha i guess it depends on what kinda writer you are tho

Yeah I do that occasionally. However, since I record everything, when I start writing a song I'll sometimes remember a riff I've written that fits, and I'll go find it. It's not a perfect system, but it works for me.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -