I currently own an Epiphone SG -310 with 81/85 EMG, and i recently discovered that Epiphone is making a new prophecy line, and I'm interested in the Epiphone SG Prohecy GX my mind is pretty much made up the trade in my old SG for this one, because I despise the neck now that i've been playing longer an have experience different neck feels and what not, so I wanted some other opinions on whether it was a good swap. My genres are metal, rock/hard rock, and bit of blues.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
If you hate the neck on your current SG why would you like the neck on another SG?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah the neck on the one i have is bolt on and the on the other one is set
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Well that probably won't make a huge amount of difference to the feel of the neck until you get to at least the 15th fret but just make sure you try the Prophecy before you go any further.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'm with Zaphod_Beeblebr, if you dont like you SG's neck why buy another SG? I'm pretty sure the SG-310's neck is mahogany with a rosewood fretboard, but I have no idea if its glued or not...

if necks your thing the new line of strats are like gliding on air. Obviously your not going to get that nu-metal sound out of a strat (I play metal with my HHS custom and it doesn't have the same crunch as the SG's) but it still has an awesome tone.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200