I recently got a chance to try out my friends DD-5 with the tap pedal, and I loved the tap feature so much I'm going to get one of my own. I know they no longer make the dd-5 so if I went that route I would be looking for a used one, but I was wondering how the DD-7 compares? I know it has a tap feature, my question is do you have to hold the switch down for 2 seconds to inguae the tap feature like the dd-6? If that the case I going with the dd-5 for sure, I like the way it works, just tap on the fly, simple and easy and your rolling. As far as tone how do they compare? The dd-5 is a big step up from my Ibenez DE7 in the tone department, is the dd-7 an equally good choice?
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
bump
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
To do tap tempo on the DD-7 you do need to hold for 2 seconds to engage it.

However, the DD-7 has a tap switch input which I think is pretty flexible idea (can also use with an expression pedal). The "double wide" pedals with a separate tap are a bit big for where I want the delay on my board. The external switch would allow me to put that remote to the DD-7.
My Favorite T-Shirt Saying: "Warning: Drummer Playing Guitar"

My Music: Abandon At My Place -- One man heavy observational rock band...

My Fav Gear:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100, Schecter Hellraiser, MXR EQ, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss DD-7