I have recently purchased the Ibanez s520. It's a great guitar, very light and easy to use, but the pickups are bothering me very much. The default ones sound very muddy and not so great, so I'm thinking of changing them to one of these set ups, and I'll let you guys decide which set up would sound the best.

1. Dimarzio X2N (bridge)/EMG 60 (neck)
2. 2 EMG 81's
3. 2 BK nailbombs

I also dont know much about measurements, but all of those pickups should fit right?

thanks in advance

IM going for a deep death metal sound, but I also want every note to ring out clearly, for solos.
BK's all the way, though they will be a lot more expensive.

And don't bother with number 1, that won't be fun wiring your guitar with one passive pickups and one active.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
What amp do you have? If you have a decent (preferably valve) amp then a pickup change will effect your tone, but if you have a low end SS amp then the difference won't be much. Also, for number one, the EMG 60 is a lovely neck pickup, very good for cleans, but its active. Its a bad idea to use a passive pickup (the Dimarzio) with an active, it usually sounds very fuzzy.
Quote by manwithafork
I have a peavey bandit 112.

Yeah, best bet if you want to dramatically change your sound is to save up for a new amp. Pickup changes won't really change it much. What sort of budget do you have?
Quote by manwithafork
I have recently purchased the Ibanez s520. It's a great guitar, very light and easy to use, but the pickups are bothering me very much. The default ones sound very muddy and not so great, so I'm thinking of changing them to one of these set ups, and I'll let you guys decide which set up would sound the best.

1. Dimarzio X2N (bridge)/EMG 60 (neck)
2. 2 EMG 81's
3. 2 BK nailbombs

I also dont know much about measurements, but all of those pickups should fit right?

thanks in advance

IM going for a deep death metal sound, but I also want every note to ring out clearly, for solos.

The bandit's not an awful amp, at least not for what you need. You will notice a difference with a pickup change but EMG's aren't the way to go. Look at the Dimarzio D-Acticvators....just be aware that the difference probably won't be as drastic as you're hoping.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Actually, with my budget I would like to get the BK nailbombs. My amp is fine it has a great sound. And I dont want to waste money on amps cause If im not at home I always play on other peoples amps. Im usually not at home anyway. But when ordering the nailbombs it asks for measurements; would it be the standard measurement or 53 mm? I have the Ibanez s520ex
Quote by manwithafork
Actually, with my budget I would like to get the BK nailbombs. My amp is fine it has a great sound. And I dont want to waste money on amps cause If im not at home I always play on other peoples amps. Im usually not at home anyway. But when ordering the nailbombs it asks for measurements; would it be the standard measurement or 53 mm? I have the Ibanez s520ex

Oh ok, well I think the 53mm is trem spacing, so you'd want that.

Don't take that as verbatim though, I might be wrong.