My brother just came round with THIS. 3 words- It. Fucking. Rules.

It sounds amazing I tell you. £80 off eBay and it slays... its capable of pretty much every metal tone you can think of. I was playing some Killswitch Engage on it, the chug it gives out is absolutely amazing and the pinches I was doing on the low C were unbelieveable, the just pop right out. It pulls off Thrash tones when you roll back the mids, perfect for a really dry Megadeth-type sound. The high end was to die for, my sweeps sounded awesome and the 'ISP' control changes the distortion from 'American' to 'British'.

The only bad thing about this is the noise, you get a LOT of background hum. Seriously though, if you're looking for a new metal distortion pedal, GET IT. It has more gain than you'll ever need and I swear, it sounded nicer than the Single Rectifier I tried out a while ago.

I know it sounds like I work for the company or something, but I was far too impressed to not tell everyone on here just how good it sounded.
I have it, use it through the clean channel of my DSL401 and at band practice because it sounds more like a valve amp that the solid states that are there.
Only issue: According to http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT-Series-HTDISTX-Tube-High-Gain-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=152009&src=3SOSWXXA, it's at least 100 dollars more than MM. Also, in Noth America, used British gems are hard to come by. You are lucky your brother can get it second hand, but not us.

Of course, it's more valuable than that krank distortion pedal.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
yeah last time I went to guitar center, they had a tone of these... looked cool, didnt actually get to play one though... They have a lot of different types of those things too...

After I build this tubescreamer I'm about to, the next thing I build I want it to have some kinda tube in it... something like this would be badass too, haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
yeah last time I went to guitar center, they had a tone of these... looked cool, didnt actually get to play one though... They have a lot of different types of those things too...

After I build this tubescreamer I'm about to, the next thing I build I want it to have some kinda tube in it... something like this would be badass too, haha

the tubes in the pedals dont really do anything. 9v is no where near close enough to push a preamp tube.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
ahh did not see that. but most other pedals with tubes in them are rubbish.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
ahh did not see that. but most other pedals with tubes in them are rubbish.

How many have you tried? The Vox Big Ben and the Bulldogs are great, heavy duty too. The Damage Control pedals are decent too, Demonizer is a great pedal, built like a tank to boot.
do they really use the tubes in it?
Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic
Not very good value here unfortunately, imo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
While i was banned i saw some guys over at Harmony Central talking about these and rating them very highly. I haven't taken time to listen to demos and theres too many controls for me personally but it seems excellent
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by Tom_hatton
My brother just came round with THIS. 3 words- It. Fucking. Rules.

lol that is the best endorsement for a product that i have ever heard. they need to put that in their ads or something lol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by sg622
the tubes in the pedals dont really do anything. 9v is no where near close enough to push a preamp tube.

They're 16V, not 9.
Quote by Tom_hatton
They're 16V, not 9.

Doesn't matter, since 16V is still way too little (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong). What matters is that the pedals operate the tubes at 300V.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Doesn't matter, since 16V is still way too little (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong). What matters is that the pedals operate the tubes at 300V.

Those pedals aren't 16v, they are run at 300 volts. It says so right on the info page at guitar center's website.