My guitarist and drummer like to do the old-school crazy finishes like you would see at the end of a song on the Rock Band game... just kinda go crazy. They like to see which one of them can last the longest. Problem is, once they start doing that, I really have no clue as to what to do, makes me feel like an idiot. I have no friggin clue as to what beat or key or scale or ANYTHING is coming next. When it's just them, it actually sounds really cool, so they're wanting to do it in gigs. I just don't know what to do.
gb2 rock band
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Do whatever you want, that's the point. My band does that every now and then and I'll either do random slapping, or scales, or slides, or whatever. My favorite thing to do is to do a full chord of the ending note on my bass and strum it really hard, 'til I just start to slap the mess out of it. The whole point of that little ending thingy is to screw around, it doesn't have to sound good. Sometimes I'll just let go of all my strings and punch the back of my bass so they all ring out.

Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gb2 rock band

Was that really necessary?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Aug 6, 2008,
watch? destroy your bass? destroy your band mates? find your own trademark to close a show with...
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by t3hrav3n
it doesn't have to sound good.

I think that's my problem... when I add to the mix, I think it sounds like crap. I think it sounds worse than if I just sat back and watched them, because it's not like I'm matching anything.
This should be in musician talk. What does it have to do with bass?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
You can try just plucking the ending note as fast as you can! You can't go wrong with that!
Quote by ScottB.
This should be in musician talk. What does it have to do with bass?

Because it's bass specific I guess. If I put a thread about how to play a bass there, they'd say go to the bass forum.
tremolo picking, funky scales, chromatics...all sorts of stuff.
Too cool for a signature.
bass breakdown with the drummer, or a back and forth with the guitarist, why dont you plan an outro, muse styleee
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
do a john entwistle

stand perfectly still wearing the flashiest outfit imaginable
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
do a john entwistle

stand perfectly still wearing the flashiest outfit imaginable

Holding your prescious bass whilst Pete and Kieth break everything.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by TormentedRx
Set your penis on fire.

Corrected.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
My band has an ending like this, I just trill on a note for a while, and then start playing some power chords. Then when we stop, I finish with a nice slide down the entire neck.
I guess my #1 question is that should I even attempt to match anything that the guitarist or drummer cranks out? I keep trying to listen to both but it doesn't work too well obviously. Should I mostly ignore them at this point until the very end?
Quote by corndogggy
I guess my #1 question is that should I even attempt to match anything that the guitarist or drummer cranks out? I keep trying to listen to both but it doesn't work too well obviously. Should I mostly ignore them at this point until the very end?

Try both ways. Try playing and matching with them, and then try again on your own. Just make sure you stop when everyone else does. Haha.
When my guitarrist and drummer decide to do this I do one of these thing.

a) Random wanking 32nd notes in the blues scale my ear picks up.

b) Just leave my bass in a stool and drink the beer I left next to my amp and watch them take half a minute to end a song.
1. Tremolo last note.
2. Big slide, liek down an octave.
3. Slide back to orginal note.
4. Hit orginal note last time.
5. Let ring.

Example:

E: 22222222222222/12/2 let ring

For additional win get the the entire band to do this together.

For epic win make guitarist bend or whammy the crap out of the note and have the drummer slow down during the slide.
Quote by watchingmefall

b) Just leave my bass in a stool and drink the beer I left next to my amp and watch them take half a minute to end a song.

this.

we don't need to show off. seriously.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
if its your gig bass, hit the crash or ride cymbal with the headstock, then walk off the stage.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by Ryker24
Use your head as a drumstick on a cymbal

I can make my drummers Ride sound like a Chinese gong when I do this
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
slap your bass. don't just play thumps and pops, but really hit the strings. play bongo on it. it sounds sweet, like there are 2 drummers banging around.

and, as a bonus, it confuses your guitarist.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom