I've heard that possibly a overdrive pedal or boost would help, but I'm just praying that I didn't pick the wrong amp. I like the amp a lot, but I can't get a great lead tone. The rythym sounds fantastic though. I just want to get a smooth type of Fusion/Prog lead tone. I like Petrucci a lot, but my favorite guitarist is Guthrie Govan and Marco Sfgoli. Both are great prog/fusion guitarists. Oh yeah, my settings are:

Treble: 7
Bass: 3-4
Mid: 5
EQ: The 'V' setting
Presence: 5 (that could be why)
Lead Volume: 4
Master Volume: 1.5

Hopefully, someone can help. Thanks.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
lower the treble and or pressence a little bit and boost the mid just a smidge and bass a little bit. the mark IV takes a lot of tweaking to get the right sound. What kinda of power tubes you running, which mode are you in, and are you using the variac

the guys over at boogie boards may be able to give you an exact setting, since most of them spend forever with their mark IV
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
yeah, that's true. I am using the harmonics this. I'm not looking at the amp right now since i'm at the beach, but it says like mid boost or harmonics, and I'm on harmonics. I'm using the stock tubes that came with the amp. It's only like 2 months old. I got one of the last new ones. The 'V' setting is the treble and bass on the highest bar, the 2 outside mids on the middle bar, and the middle mid is on the center bar.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
I know it may sound obvious, but turning down the tone control on your pickups, and using the neck pickups with some reverb will contribute to a smoother tone. I assume you've already done this though...

Boogieboards ftw in this case.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by mlkIII
yeah, that's true. I am using the harmonics this. I'm not looking at the amp right now since i'm at the beach, but it says like mid boost or harmonics, and I'm on harmonics. I'm using the stock tubes that came with the amp. It's only like 2 months old. I got one of the last new ones. The 'V' setting is the treble and bass on the highest bar, the 2 outside mids on the middle bar, and the middle mid is on the center bar.

ouch, make a reverse V , or just make the v much less intense, and maybe boost the treb a bit higher than the bass, also play with the treble and presence knob on the amp
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i don't know how to register on the boogie board. it says something about a VIP code, and i have know idea where to find it. I've looked through the forums, but can't find anything on it. Please Help.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
bump
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Suhr Pro Series S5