Well i've been fingerpicking the past 4 days atleast 3 hours per day, and its the first time i've used my ring finger, so it was soft to begin with. But today there was a blister and I continued to play (through ALOT of pain) and it popped, and now its stining horribly and its impossible for me to fingerpick.

Are there any home remedies I can try? or store bought solutions? I was considering a pick for my ring finger but the song (spanish romance) sounds alot better fingerpicked.

Oh, and I have to have the song down near perfect by next wednesday, so waiting for it to heal isn't really a choice...
Last edited by Jeremy Clark at Aug 6, 2008,
Band-Aid over the tip, with some electrical tape or something over that. Make sure its tight - you should be able to play through that but it might still sting a bit, but if youcan't wait for it to heal then you don't have much of a choice :S
sacrifice tone, and get a finger pick, or, take crazy glue, and cover the cut with it, it'll act as a disinfectant and heal your cut in half the time, also it wont hurt anymore.
Quote by Travis Tricky
Band-Aid over the tip, with some electrical tape or something over that. Make sure its tight - you should be able to play through that but it might still sting a bit, but if youcan't wait for it to heal then you don't have much of a choice :S

This, except put some rubbing alcohol or something to disinfect the cut first, since you were playing with the cut open on the string.
i'm taking it as your serious about the glue. It sounds like it'd work... but how would I get it off my finger?
Quote by Travis Tricky

i'll try that, and if it doesn't work, i'll try the crazy glue...

I gotta have the song down for my girlfriends quinceanera this coming Wednesday and I only started on the song yesterday :S
Jeez man, clean the thing out and give it a day to heal. You've got a week.
Quote by Jeremy Clark
Well i've been fingerpicking the past 4 days atleast 3 hours per day, and its the first time i've used my ring finger, so it was soft to begin with. But today there was a blister and I continued to play (through ALOT of pain) and it popped, and now its stining horribly and its impossible for me to fingerpick.

Are there any home remedies I can try? or store bought solutions? I was considering a pick for my ring finger but the song (spanish romance) sounds alot better fingerpicked.

Oh, and I have to have the song down near perfect by next wednesday, so waiting for it to heal isn't really a choice...

i'm sorry to say this and do not take this the wrong way

let your fingers blister and bleed, then form calus (srry can't spell that good) then you can play even better, a friend of mine doesn't have part of his finger print from playing guitar

pain is weakness leaving the body
take a day or two rest from it. Or just don't use the finger.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
They use glue in hospitals to seal up deep cuts.
It'll work and keep dirt from getting into it.

Glue is a good idea.
Been away, am back