http://www.cort.co.kr/english/products/common/view.asp?product_id=110#
This is the guitar. It's a Cort KX1Q, which I saw at this music store yesterday. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love. And of course, now I want it.
I don't have enough money for it at the moment. Because right now, I'm saving for a new Laney amp. It's my next guitar buy for sure though. I would definately get it in Tiger Eye as well, because if I got it in Black Cherry, it'd look almost identical to my Ibanez.
Anywho. It has a coil tap. And I know what they do now, as I wikipedia'd it, but does it make that much of a sound difference?

Here's a pic of the Cort, and my SZR 720 QM. I thought they'd look similar, but no.
Attachments:
Cort KX1Q.jpg
SZR720.jpg
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Aug 6, 2008,
Nope, they have both 'on' until the unlucky one is turned 'off'. So all it does is switch between a 'bucker and a single coil.

So yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Fryer Mike
http://www.cort.co.kr/english/products/common/view.asp?product_id=110#
This is the guitar. It's a Cort KX1Q, which I saw at this music store yesterday. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love. And of course, now I want it.
I don't have enough money for it at the moment. Because right now, I'm saving for a new Laney amp. It's my next guitar buy for sure though. I would definately get it in Tiger Eye as well, because if I got it in Black Cherry, it'd look almost identical to my Ibanez.
Anywho. It has a coil tap. And I know what they do now, as I wikipedia'd it, but does it make that much of a sound difference?

Here's a pic:

Yeah, it makes your humbuckers sound twangier.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Thats not a coil tap, a coil tap is a way to reduce the amount of coil windings you are using. That's a coil split.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
PICKUP SWITCHING: Coil Tap Push Down-
Position1 : Neck
Position2 : Neck & Bridge
Position3 : Bridge
Coil Tap Pull Up-
Position1 : Front Coil of Neck
Position2 : Front Coil of Neck & Rear Coil of Bridge
Position3 : Rear Coil of Bridge

Actually, it is a coil tap.^^

Twangier eh? What would you want that for?:S
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I doubt it's a real coil tap. People seem to call them coil tap (Schecter do it as well) when they're actually coil splits.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
I doubt it's a real coil tap. People seem to call them coil tap (Schecter do it as well) when they're actually coil splits.

agreed. that's a coil split. a tap would have both coils active (in a humbucker).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
SO what's a coil TAP then if this is a coil split?
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
if the full wind of the humbucker (or, indeed, a single coil, as you can do taps on single coils, unlike splits) is, say 10,000 turns of wire, they might take a tap off at, say, 7,000 turns. it'll be lower output, but still hum-cancelling.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?