Hey guys, I am just a bit confused about vibrato. Currently when I see the "~" in a tab, I wiggle my fretting hand while finger is on the note, as I'm sure is correct, but I am starting to learn bends now and I'm wondering what it's called when you bend and then wiggle the bend, like a vibrato but while you're bending up? I hope this is clear, sorry if I haven't described it right!! Thanks for any help

P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYMupc564zE Perfect example of what I'm asking is at :08 and more times throughout.
its also called vibrato
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog


^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
Quote by wlcm2themachine
its also called vibrato

He's right you know.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by michaelscofield
Ah ok, thanks fellas. So it's basically up to the player's preference for which method to use??

Right-o. Whatever feels and sounds best for you.

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

The difference is when bending up to a note and then applying vibrato you can actually go above & below the note pitch. When you use vibrato on a fretted note with no bending you can only go above the pitch. The sound of the two is quite different and bend + vibrato is harder. To see the differnce fret say 12th fret high E and use standard vibrato. Then fret 10th fret on High E string, bend up to 12th fret and apply vibrato. You can now get your pitch to go slightly above & below the 12th fret note.
Moving on.....
Good luck, I'm still trying to master it but haven't yet. It really sound cool though when done well.
Moving on.....