I have been playing a few years now mostly Hard Rock and Heavy Metal and my sound is crapy, when I play the strings blend together kind of and clump up and stuff like that and it is bad, I can't get that clean Metal sound like you hear on cds or in a studio and stuff. I have a nice Washburn guitar w/2 humbuckers and a Spider2 amp. I only got a Dunlop Super Comp. and Nosie Gate in my rig and they kind of helped a VERY little. I dont know what it is or what I can.

Please help before I smash my stuff!
I know someone would say it was the amp, I forgot to say I took my friends amp in my room one day a Marshall 10w and it does the same thing!
You are probably using too much distortion so you're loosing some clarity. Many people (myself included) often add too much distortion while trying to emulate a sound. The amount needed for low volumes to get sustain is more than when you turn up the volume so try less gain when you play louder. BTW if you start over-distorted and then turn down it's harder to judge when you added enough gain. Set the amp gain for cleaner sounds first, then turn up and then add gain gradually till you get the drive/sustain you want but not lose too much definition.
Moving on.....
Does it sound like it got too much low end or does it sound like you your distortion is completely undefined?
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
What gear do you have?

The amp is probably your problem.

You should bring you gain up a bit - maybe scoop your mids depending on what sound your after.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by MetalMonster420
I know someone would say it was the amp, I forgot to say I took my friends amp in my room one day a Marshall 10w and it does the same thing!

Your amp isn't very good...his is even worse.

You both need new amps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Your amp isn't very good...his is even worse.

You both need new amps.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks KenG, I did what you told me and it is working way better now. I am just going to trade it in my amp and get a sweet Randall that Im looking at, now I am going to open some cold ones and 420 it up a little and jam, thanks again.
it isnt the amp, i own one and its perfectly fine and produces good tone for a solid state
i would say pickups, when i play my jackson with SD's on it screams and plays beatifully but when i play the cheaper guitar with standard stock pickups the sound does infact become very muddy and distorted (in a bad way)
it's the amp. unless he has absolutely terrible pickups, it's the amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a new amp and new pickups, I doubt you will ever complain again.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
that's the ideal, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dan818
it isnt the amp, i own one and its perfectly fine and produces good tone for a solid state
i would say pickups, when i play my jackson with SD's on it screams and plays beatifully but when i play the cheaper guitar with standard stock pickups the sound does infact become very muddy and distorted (in a bad way)

Yes. it's the amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com