i could see it
you may be able to make it work
depends how musically inspired you are
I want Super Saiyan abilities
yeahh just find a really nice tone to use, maybe play some small lead in the background
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
It's possible, though I'd advise using hybrid picking or something to add a walking bassline, since you usually need percussion or a bassline to hold the beat. A bassline isn't necessary if you're pulling ridiculous stuff like Cliffs of Dover or the Eruption solo or something along those lines, but percussion is kind of necessary.

If you can pull it off, more power to ya. I've been wanting to see someone do it for a while now.

P.S. John Mayer doesn't count in my mind. Playing music that is intended for acoustic on an electric is cheating

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it'd be real easy to do with jazz or blues, but I'd doubt you be asking such a question if you were intending on playing those genres of music, since it's fairly common there.
Last edited by Athetosis at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by Shawnstoppable
I was leaning towards a Hendrix style guitar-playing with a Jason Mraz vocal style.

Hendrix blues or Hendrix rock? Either way it's good, but blues would be easier. Rory Gallagher does it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by GeekInThePink
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Pretty sure there's more of him just singing and playing electric too.

Yes. For instance the double-disc live album "Live at Sin-é", which is just Jeff, his Tele and a mic. One general guitar sound throughout the entire thing.

Also, there's a crapload of bootlegs of him floating around.
Quote by Athetosis

P.S. John Mayer doesn't count in my mind. Playing music that is intended for acoustic on an electric is cheating

lol wut?

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMBmfhmHj4s

The lead singer of As Cities Burn playing "The Widow" solo electric. Pretty epic performance, too.
Last edited by GeekInThePink at Aug 9, 2008,