If I order an album off Amazon, will the money I pay still go to the band and label? Will it only go to the band if I buy a new copy?

I'm just trying to support bands and labels without losing all my money.
Didn't you read Oink's big article about why you shouldn't support labels?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
YOUR money never goes to the band, the company who BUYS the cd's money goes to the band... like, if Wal-Mart buy 100 000 Motley Crue albums, WALMARTS money goes to the Crue, not yours... YOUR money goes to WALMART... so in reality, you've never payed a single penny to any band if you've bought their music through a store...
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Quote by Dumebuggy
YOUR money never goes to the band, the company who BUYS the cd's money goes to the band... like, if Wal-Mart buy 100 000 Motley Crue albums, WALMARTS money goes to the Crue, not yours... YOUR money goes to WALMART... so in reality, you've never payed a single penny to any band if you've bought their music through a store...

But Wal-Mart stops buying from a particular label if their albums aren't selling, therefore you're still supporting your band.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Wow, that was a really good read and changed my view on downloading.

So are all indie labels not associated with RIAA? Like, Equal Vision for example. And also, if I buy an album from an artist that's on an indie record label on amazon, will this support the band?
Quote by IcePh0enix
Wow, that was a really good read and changed my view on downloading.

So are all indie labels not associated with RIAA? Like, Equal Vision for example. And also, if I buy an album from an artist that's on an indie record label on amazon, will this support the band?

http://www.riaaradar.com/
Quote by freedoms_stain
If you want to support the band go to their show and buy a t-shirt, they keep a bigger slice of that pie.

This.

A good chunk of proceeds from ticket sales and merch sales go directly to the band. And go with the RIAA radar as posted above.

I hope we changed your outlook on the music industry.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
You guys did, thank you. Unfortunately, I'm too young to drive so I rarely get to go to shows. If I order a shirt or other merch online will that support the band?
If it is from their website, yes.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I can't believe I read all that...even though I already knew that. Man, I'm bored.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I can't believe I read all that...even though I already knew that. Man, I'm bored.

An entertaining read nonetheless, wouldn't you say?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
An entertaining read nonetheless, wouldn't you say?

Considering that I'm bored out of my mind, yes.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana