Okay so i wondering about buying the Line6 Pod 2. The reason is that i don't have alot of cash and i've heard people say its not that different from the more expensive versions. I would like to hear you guys opinions about it

I also have 1 noob question.

About the headset thing. You can plug your headphones in so it doesn't make any noise, but how does it worK? Don't you have to put the POD into the amp? And if you listen to it trough your headphones, wouldn't it still make sound out of the amp? Just a little noob question, i would appreaciate some answers about this

and how would it be to record with it, what do i need to record with it?

Thanks alot guys
you can use amp or headphones, the amp will colour and if it has an eq you can further adjsut your tone so i do that.
through headphones it sounds as good with a little hiss.
the tone can sound a little digital, but through a valve amp it has true valve warmth and sounds great, or just cut the presence boost.

after a long time tweaking i can say it is a great buy!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by PsychoJeams
Thanks, i am really considering this amp

its a amp moddeller and effects unit not an amp

It's a good practice tool (I owned one for a few years). Personally, I'd get a 1/8 jack and a 1/4 adaptor and plug it into your computer. Then you can jam to music with headphones in the middle of the night (if you're so inclined). Don't expect it to sound amazing, but it'll benefit your playing.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

It's a good practice tool (I owned one for a few years). Personally, I'd get a 1/8 jack and a 1/4 adaptor and plug it into your computer. Then you can jam to music with headphones in the middle of the night (if you're so inclined). Don't expect it to sound amazing, but it'll benefit your playing.

+1 This is what I use a pocket pod for.

I haven't tried a Pod 2.0 through my amp, but using my pocket pod this way is unsatisfying and didn't sound very good through my amp. Sounds better through a good set of headphones.
Not good for live, they sound terrible through amps. However, they do have nice effects. You could use it for effects live and get the tone through your amp. Just don't use the POD for distortion.. i can't tell you how baaaaaad it sucks.

For recording straight to computer it creates a nice sound, but yeah.. just not through amps.
So if you want it for home recording its a good idea (Y)

Also, its good for practising cos its small and you can just plug it into your pc/use headphones. I would like a POD myself just for practising, but i would deffinately not use it for my live tone.
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
Not good for live, they sound terrible through amps. However, they do have nice effects. You could use it for effects live and get the tone through your amp. Just don't use the POD for distortion.. i can't tell you how baaaaaad it sucks.

For recording straight to computer it creates a nice sound, but yeah.. just not through amps.
So if you want it for home recording its a good idea (Y)

Also, its good for practising cos its small and you can just plug it into your pc/use headphones. I would like a POD myself just for practising, but i would deffinately not use it for my live tone.

personally i think the opposite, but it takes long eqing

I've been thinking about home recording for a while. What would i need beside the Pod to do it? Don't i need those sound cards and stuff like that?

So it is possible to play straight from the Pod via headphones? Sounds good enough for me, i hadn't hoped for playing it trough my amp anyway as i need to upgrade it too. Thanks alot.
Quote by PsychoJeams
I've been thinking about home recording for a while. What would i need beside the Pod to do it? Don't i need those sound cards and stuff like that?

So it is possible to play straight from the Pod via headphones? Sounds good enough for me, i hadn't hoped for playing it trough my amp anyway as i need to upgrade it too. Thanks alot.

You don't *need* any special sound cards or crap like that. All you really need is a line out. But if you want a really good sound for check out Line 6 Toneports. They have expandable models of amps and effects and whatnot like the 2.0, but it's all computer-based. Also, the models are XT-based, so they sound miles better than the ones on the 2.0.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden