I'm not sure this exactly has to do with tabs, but this is closest place on the site to post this. Well long story short, I need to find a program that slows down the audio on songs without ruining the pitch. I tried out a bunch of programs, but they weren't freeware.

So what are some good free programs?
LARGE TEXT
Last edited by Holy. at Aug 6, 2008,
That's not possible. The only thing you can do it separate the individual notes.

Or re-record, playing slower.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
That's not possible. The only thing you can do it separate the individual notes.

I don't follow....
LARGE TEXT
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

Not true. At the local music store we sell a program that can do this. My Digitech Gnx3 mulit-effects box can slow down music (up to 1/8 origional speed) without pitch changing. I don't know of a free one, however.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
nothing like that comes to mind but you could always get guitar pro/powertab and turn the tempo down on the tab.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i dont know any, but slowing it down it would either make the song choppy or change the pitch, your choice
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Changing the speed of songs changes frequency of the notes, which changes the pitch you hear.

It's impossible to do what you're wanting to do, unless you break the track down the individual notes, and space them.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I know you can do that on powertabs but i believe that website shut down... Im pretty sure you can still get the program for free but im not sure where. Its not going to be the actual song but the tabs are played through your computers midi and you can slow down the BPM.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Changing the speed of songs changes frequency of the notes, which changes the pitch you hear.

It's impossible to do what you're wanting to do, unless you break the track down the individual notes, and space them.

You can do it in Garage Band, with a Digitech Jamman, with a Tascam CD or MP3 guitar trainer, among other things.

The quality of the audio gets worse the more you slow it, but the frequency remains the same.
Everyone saying you can't do it is retarded.

There's software to do it. It slows down the song, yet raises the pitch of the song proportionally to however much you slowed it down. If you slow it down too much, obviously it'll screw up at times, but with Adobe Audition, and other software, you can slow down an entire song without losing pitch.
what type of song?
i could do it with guitar pro for ya if possible
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Windows Media Player can do it. Load the song, click 'play' menu (along the file, edit line of menus), go down to play speed and then click half speed.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic