So yeah, I like playing stuff like At The Gates, and other different kinds of death metal. I play through a Mesa Boogie Road King. So yeah, what kind of guitar would be good for it. I already have an Ibanez, but I'm looking for something a little different.
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
I didnt know Boogie Roadking's were little 15 watt fenders....

Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Any "metal" guitar such as:

Jackson's
Esp's
Schecter's
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
You could go with B.C. Rich...those are pretty badass guitars.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
My hardtail strat ripoff is great for tuning to A. (My epiphone, however, fails at anything lower than C#)

Brand does not matter. Just make sure you get an axe with 25 1/2" scale.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
It really depends on your price range. With my own experience I wouldn't get a BC Rich unless it was a upper end one... the lower end models aren't that great imo.

I'd suggest a nice Jackson, ESP or Schecter... I don't personally care for Ibanez but I know plenty of people who do but again that is just my experience.
If you want a 6 string for B standard I would seriously consider a Baritone. They're designed for that kind of thing. Otherwise, try any standard guitar with higher gage strings; the longer the scale the better. Ibanez RGs, Jacksons, some ESPs, and Schecters come to mind; they all have 25.5 scale lengths and would be good for what you're doing.
Schecters hold their tune well on low drop tunings

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
As i said, a baritone, the thing is setup in B standard, so you wouldnt have to worry about loose tension and different string guages

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-EX-Baritone-Blackjack-Guitar?sku=513083
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
/\

Guitar Player actually recommended that one for Baritones that weren't uber-expensive. I'd imagine feel wise (and soundwise) it'd be close to the C-1 Blackjack, which in that case means it'll be pretty kick ass.
i dont knoe. i've been thinking about a seven since i posted this.
Last edited by kornfire15 at Aug 6, 2008,
but now i see the baritones
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat

Congratulations sir.
Quote by TheShred201
What about a baritone 7, such as the ESP LTD SC607B? 27" scale isn't too long to still play in Standard tuning (B for 7's), but is a bit longer than normal so it will have a bit more tension at slightly lower tunings.

didnt even know they made those
Quote by Saint78

Quote by Boer Goat

Congratulations sir.