Electronic and Digital Systems
2 9%
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
7 30%
Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
14 61%
Voters: 23.
im getting ready to apply for uni pit
and i have a few different Engineering courses i could apply for.
bearing in mind i acheived ABBBC this year and still have my last year of school to go, what should i pick

Electrical Energy Systems
Electronic and Digital Systems
electronic and Electrical Engineering
which all require ABBB

or

Electrical and Mechanical Engineering

which requires ABBBB, so i would have to work hard this year and try and acheive an extra b
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
Last edited by higgy30 at Aug 6, 2008,
It doesn't matter. They'll all be the same but for a couple of modules.

Take the course you want to do.
If you can't spell the name of your course, you've already failed.

Take any of them, you can get roughly the same jobs with all the qualifications.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
personally i'd do mechE because it's the most 'versatile' and there's a demand for it...
but it's up to you...

don't let a forum poll decide your future...
:P
Take some extra English courses. You need it.

Seriously though, pick what you like the most/will help you out the most in the future. I don't really think pit monkeys are the best people to make semi-major life decisions for you.
Dear god...

Where are you applying that needs 4/5 subjects for A2? Even Oxford and Cambridge don't need that...

Assuming you're from the UK...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by higgy30
engeenering
yes, i see a future for you as an engineer.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by loonyguitarist
Dear god...

Where are you applying that needs 4/5 subjects for A2? Even Oxford and Cambridge don't need that...

Yeah it's much better to drop all but your three best subjects. I regret not doing that when I was taking A-levels.
Engeenering.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Daddy when I grow up, I want to be an injuneer.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by loonyguitarist
Dear god...

It depends on the course and the college. My cousin needs AAAAA at A2 for pure maths at Cambridge.
im in scotland dudes....and as of my spelling, i only got a b in english at higher
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
Quote by National_Anthem
It depends on the course and the college. My cousin needs AAAAA at A2 for pure maths at Cambridge.
If he was only taking three or four subjects they would have been happy with AAA. In fact if he screws up two of the subjects (provided it's not maths) then they'll probably still take him.
Quote by smb
If he was only taking three or four subjects they would have been happy with AAA. In fact if he screws up two of the subjects (provided it's not maths) then they'll probably still take him.

I thought that too, but my cousin was certain that the college he was applying to insisted on 5 As. I'm not sure which college it is that he's applying to, at Cambridge. I do know somebody else going on to do music at a different college in Cambridge, and he only needed AAB, so I always assumed some were more prestigious than others.
Quote by break-me-in
If you can't spell the name of your course, you've already failed.

Take any of them, you can get roughly the same jobs with all the qualifications.

You've obviously never met an engineer!

I took a course called "Thermomechanical Design and Analysis with Applications in Micro-Electro-Mechatronics"

How many students do you think spelled that correctly?

I just called it TDA-MEMs