I recently registered on MySPace with the idea to upload original material recorded with a multi-tracker.

I am a complete newbie to Myspace and can't find a way to do this. I can see the option to upload photos and video, but not an option to upload audio.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance
Go to "Edit Profile"
then go to "Manage Songs"
then click on "Add a Song"

you did get a myspace MUSICIAN profile right? you have to get a profile strictly for musicians.
Quote by Shawnstoppable
sounds like you don't have a myspace music profile.

You seem to be right. I can't find a music profile at all.

The only option I see is to add songs by searching for other artists on MySpace music... which is not what I want.

How can I add my own songs?
How do you create the music profile?

Thanks very much
hey dude sounds like you deffinately need to open a musicians account.

now i cant get on myspace here in work so i cant check

BUT

i think if you go to the music section on myspace there should be a link something like "new artists sign up here!" or something to that effect.

and then you just need to do the sign up again and set up your account, which should be slightly different.

then uploads your tunes & post them here

hope that helps
Thanks for the advice

I actually followed your advice and got to a "Artist Sign Up" tab.

To register I used teh same info I had provided for my "standard" MySpace account, but I get a message that the e-mail provided already exists... So I can't sign up.

Providing a different e-mail would defeat the object of having the "Artist"profile linked to the standard one... Am I missing something? Are they supposed to be different accounts (with different e-mail addresses)?

How do people have the Artist account as part of their standard one?

Thanks!
Thanks very much

I managed to do it eventually - even got myself a custom layout!
For those who don't know how to do that, get an html code and insert it in the Bio section of "My Band".

Thanks again