Page 1 of 2
with this situation.

I got a ticket last night for underage possession of alcohol. It is just a local ordinance, so all I have to do is pay a fine, but I can not let my parents find out. Is anything going to come in the mail from lawyers that I am going to have to watch out for. I have the money and am going to mail in the check today, I just need to know if and for how long I may have to watch the mail (since my parents open all of my mail).

By the way, it was such a good party that I don't regret this stupid ticket at all, but that is besides the point.
Possession of alchohol?

Isn't the law, you can not BUY as a minor, or SELL to a Minor.

I see nothing wrong with having it in your possession.
eh... don't worry about it... They'll never bother you after you pay the damn thing... just don't get another damn ticket...
Quote by Thy Woodzy
Possession of alchohol?

Obviously not
You'll get random solicitations from lawyers, nothing specific though, but they'll be addressed to you.

Also, your city municipal court will send you a letter to confirm your court date.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by matt9189
(since my parents open all of my mail).

Isn't this illegal?
They shouldn't be opening your mail.
Quote by Thy Woodzy
Possession of alchohol?

I see nothing wrong with having it in your possession.

Note he's from america and not the UK.
It was private property as well, the cops raided the house. But yeah, besides what I think the law should be, it is what it is. He said I possessed it because it was inside of me (lol) and there was an empty can on the desk next to me.
Quote by Aleene
Isn't this illegal?
They shouldn't be opening your mail.

Yeah, I know...especially since I'm 18 and that really pisses me off, but what can I really say unless I clearly have something to hide.

No court date, so I won't get that letter, but I guess I have to watch out for those solicitations.
I got arrested when I was underage and I had been drinking alcohol but it had all gone by that point. I got arrested for something worse, wont say what.
Quote by matt9189
with this situation.

I got a ticket last night for underage possession of alcohol. It is just a local ordinance, so all I have to do is pay a fine, but I can not let my parents find out. Is anything going to come in the mail from lawyers that I am going to have to watch out for. I have the money and am going to mail in the check today, I just need to know if and for how long I may have to watch the mail (since my parents open all of my mail).

By the way, it was such a good party that I don't regret this stupid ticket at all, but that is besides the point.

Nobody but you should open mail with YOUR name on it...
Quote by matt9189
Yeah, I know...especially since I'm 18 and that really pisses me off, but what can I really say unless I clearly have something to hide.

You're 18 and they open you mail?!

You should tell them not to open your mail! Even if you don't have something to hide, they shouldn't be opening it! Tell them to stop opening your mail, and you should be fine.
I still got it easy, my friend who owned the house went to jail. Also, some kid (who happened to be really fast) jumped out of a police car with handcuffs on and escaped the police chasing him. Literally every cop in the town participated in this party. It was totally out of control. We had 14 empty cases of 30 in the backyard by the end of that night, and an empty stolen keg from a few nights ago. Not to mention there were about 70 people there.
Just pay it before it is due and they shouldn't send any letters. If you wait though they will start to harrass you for the cash.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I'm curious on how a cop got to you to give you a ticket.

They raided the house. I didn't even have a chance at running. They cam through the front and back and set up barricades at all the exits of town looking for anyone who may be leaving that party.
Quote by matt9189
They raided the house. I didn't even have a chance at running. They cam through the front and back and set up barricades at all the exits of town looking for anyone who may be leaving that party.

Damn....that would be a good reason lol. They have that down to a routine. Well you got off pretty easy.
Quote by Gargantuan
I thought this was going to be a Hendrix thread

You know what, I did too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah just bring it up that they shouldnt be opening your mail and they should respect your privacy since your and "adult" now and that you dont go opening their mail.

They'll still see who its from though and ask questions most likely.

Anyways i was in the same situation last year, went to court and everything though but i went 3 weeks or so before i told my parents. If you send in your money, they should send a receipt back, so keep an eye out for that. What you could do is just pay in person, find out where your sending your money and just drive there. I doubt you'll get anything from lawyers.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by matt9189

Woah. Cops in the US care that much?
Quote by Gargantuan

Hahahahaha...i thought the same thing here
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
The most you can get is an "Administrative reminder". But if you pay it right now, you won't get anything.

You won't get anything from the lawyer, unless you sue your city for giving you a ticket.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by matt9189
They raided the house. I didn't even have a chance at running. They cam through the front and back and set up barricades at all the exits of town looking for
anyone who may be leaving that party.

Is whole america like this? I want to know before I might go there lol
Quote by Toolshed#9

Yeah cops are ridiculously harsh on marijuana and minors drinking. Unless you go to a really ****ty southern state. (I would just stay away from America, lol)
Quote by Toolshed#9

If you're not a twat and don't brake the law, you should be fine.
Here is my signature.
Quote by Hafgrim

Depends on what "breaking the law" is. In every other country I've been to (only been within europe tho)including my own, the police doesn't really bother with caring about underage drinking unless maybe if they're like 12 or 13. But nevermind raiding a house because there's a party lol
Start reading their mail. You don't have to even read it, just leave the mail pre-opened to send them a message.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Gargantuan

Or at least about pot.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by National_Anthem
Woah. Cops in the US care that much?

+1
And I thought the cops here in the UK were pretty pathetic when it comes to alchohol.
Damn the most you get for underage drinking is the cops telling you to empty your alchohol all over the street...

There was me thinking that was harsh
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Damn the most you get for underage drinking is the cops telling you to empty your alchohol all over the street...

I WOULD CRY IF I HAD TO DO THAT!!!!

And btw, go into the police station and see if you can pay it there, they most likely will let you, i dont know though, Candian, cops bust a party, and we all get away :P
Quote by Gargantuan

Yeah, and what has this got to be with being experienced?
I'll never understand why americans have such strict alcohole laws. Isn't it crazy that you can go to war at 18, but only drink at 21?

Quote by Hafgrim

Oh yes, because the law is flawless.
Last edited by Nugi at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by Gargantuan

I thought the same.
R.I.P. BILLY MAYS
1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince

Quote by longhorntex6
do you know where i can find the tabs?

WAT

Quote by gd123
I'm 14 not a troll....

Quote by Nugi
Yeah, and what has this got to be with being experienced?

wow
R.I.P. BILLY MAYS
1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince

Quote by longhorntex6
do you know where i can find the tabs?

WAT

Quote by gd123
I'm 14 not a troll....

Quote by Johnny Trash
+1
And I thought the cops here in the UK were pretty pathetic when it comes to alchohol.

That's it!?

Well...god...fuckin...
SON OF A BITCH, America.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Us in the UK are kind of lucky i guess

The routine is,

Cop: You got any alcohol in that?
Me: Yes (I used to say no as before they needed reasonable suspicion to search your stuff but now they can search anyone anywhere for any reason)
Cop: I'll be having that then (pours it away)
Me: You're breaking my heart
Cop: It's breaking mine to.

Little form, and nothing after.

Wheyyy
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333