I have speakers my guitar teacher gave me, and theyre very nice...idk the exact wattage, but he said they could power a small arena...(i know im vague, but i dont know much bout speakers and I dont have them here with me), now the question i have is how can i power them? They have the inputs on the back that are the small black and red circle inputs. I need a mixer that can handle those. Ive been thinking of this.. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-MG102C-10-Channel-Stereo-Mixer-104227327-i1172628.gc
i just need to power a large resteraunt...thanks sorry for not having a clue, i appreciate any help
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
thats not a powered mixer, thats just a regular mixer
if you go with that you'll need a seperate power amp to actually get some sound out of passive speakers
If you want a powered mixer I would recomend something like the Yamaha EMX212S. It's about 200 watts which is more than enough for small gigs and it sounds great. It costs around $300 with is pretty cheap for what it offers you.
Not taking any online orders.
thanks thats the price i'm lookin for ...originally we were gonna get a pa bundle but these speakers fell into my hands and should be much better than the ones in a $400 bundle.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
So wait.

Powered mixer+ Passive speakers?

Unpowered mixer+ Power Amp+ Active speakers?
^Not quite

Powed mixer + passive speakers

Unpowered mixer + power amp + passive speakers

Unpowered mixer + active speakers
Not taking any online orders.
What happens if you have a powered mixer + active speakers?
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
What happens if you have a powered mixer + active speakers?

use the mixer without the 'powered' part and hook it up the speakers