You know those codes you put in the phone before you dial a number that do different things? Like how you dial *67 before the number if you want your caller ID to be private? I was wondering if there was one you could put in that allows you to go straight to the persons answering machine instead of the phone ringing. I searched google but couldn't come up with anything.

im sorry that was a really ****ty joke, if you cant find it on google then it probably doesn't exist
Sig space available, give me some praise
Of course not, landline answering machines are just set to pick up and record after so many rings...
it depends, i think for cellphones, each company has their own designated code to dial before the number to reach voicemail directly. but on domestic phone lines, i don't think it's possible
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Love me. praise me. have sex with me.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/07/slydial_avoid_annoying_conversations_by_going_directly_to_voicemail-2.html

haha but for real i heard about this on a local radio station. Ive never used it so idk how well it works but supposedly its good
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
I dont think you can do it on a landline, but on a cell (and to another cell) you should be able to go to your own voicemail and find an option for sending a voice message.

Anyone else remember when that first came out? That might have been before text messaging...