So I have this Supro S6820, about a 30-35 watt tube amp,
which is not yet in working order (for pics see other thread here:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=765461)
and I am currently in a situation that I would like to use it in a band that plays metal and other heavy music such as mastodon, killswitch, or metallica... and I was wondering what my best option would be to get a good metal sound.

Here are the choices:

1. HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THIS POOR AMP'S GREAT TONE BY PLAYING YOUR "DEATH METAL"
(Use a metal distortion pedal through the solid state amp I currently own that is completely terrible.)

2. Put tubes in the Supro that break up at low volume, giving me a distortion heavy enough for metal without the use of a pedal.

3. Put tubes in the Supro that break up at low volume, and then run an overdrive pedal through it.

4. Put tubes in the Supro that break up at high volume, and then run a metal pedal through it.

5. Grind you are super cool.

6. Anything else you would like to recommend.

Thank you if you help.
just get an all out omgomgomgballztotehwallz metal distortion pedal and put that in front

I doubt it has the voicing to do metal at all no matter what you do to it
If I could see a schematic for this amp then I could tell you if it can do metal tone on it's own. Don't suppose you know where to find one.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
If I could see a schematic for this amp then I could tell you if it can do metal tone on it's own. Don't suppose you know where to find one.

from the pics, there doesn't seem to be more than 2 preamp tubes, and with one probably being the phase inverter that doesn't leave a whole lot for metal
It is not likely to be voiced for metal and you will almost definitely need a pedal.

If you don't want it anymore though, I'll gladly take it off your hands.