ive been using ghs boomers, 9 gauge, for a while now and need new strings and wanted to try somethin new. I play a little bit of everything so i need versatile strings. I was lookin at ernie ball super slinky strings and they look pretty nice. So if any of you have any help to give me i would appreciate it.
I've been using ernie ball super slinky's for a long time and they are fantastic strings as is the whole slinky range
hybrid slinky's - less floppy where you need them and they are sold pretty cheaply in 3-packs.

a few other companies make the same size set, but are more expensive, so whatever.

EB's are OK; never break on me.
SRV R.I.P.
If your guitar was originally manufactured with 9's, don't change your gauge unless you plan on taking your guitar to a guitar tech. And as a helpful reminder, never attempt to adjust your truss rod unless you know what you're doing. It's easily one of the fastest ways to permanently ruin a guitar.

I suggest trying different strings until you find one that tickles your fancy in a special way, but to throw another name out there, I use D'addario.

Happy string hunting.
I use Ernie Ball Regulars I think
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I use DR 10-46 and GHS Boomers 11-50. Different guitars obviously.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
I bought a set of EB Slinkys some week ago, and they were totaly crap. The feeling wasn't great and the e string broke. I'll stick to my Elixir strings, I use 12-52 gauge right now.
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
so im gettin a decent variety of help here, could you guys elaborate why you use your strings? tone, reliability, and any other qualities you feel your strings have.
D'Addario 10-52s are my choice.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Daddario EXL 10-46, GHS Progressives 10-46 and Rotosound Yellows for me. i like the bright tone, but not too bright. they're very reliable as i havent broken a string yet through playing.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by oakn
I bought a set of EB Slinkys some week ago, and they were totaly crap. The feeling wasn't great and the e string broke. I'll stick to my Elixir strings, I use 12-52 gauge right now.

Elixir strings are the best but ................................. $$$
Quote by pwrmax

i agree.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by pwrmax

But they last assloads longer and sound pretty good.
Well, right now, I use D'Addario 10-46. I like the tone, they last fairly long, stay in tune well, and feel good. I'm thinking about switching to 10-52's, or 11-52's though, just to try it. I'm definitely going to be using one of those sets on my Carvin (either the 10 or 11-52's...)
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I like Ernie ball becase they are cheap but good quality.
I moved up from .09s to .10s on my Lp and the tone sounds som much better.
So i say Ernie Balls Regular slinky.
Quote by TheEak
But they last assloads longer and sound pretty good.

It's the nanoweb on them, that stuff's amazing.
Quote by pwrmax

Sure they are expensive, but they last at least twice as long as normal strings. So in the end you haven't payd more than you should have done with other strings.

Why you should buy Elixir strings:
*Really nice feeling with the "nanoweb coating".
*Lasts much longer than regular strings.
Quote by Floodzone004
whats the point of having the low E string at 52?

You get a chunkier sound. Palm mutes + Low E string at 52 = Metal chunk
I heard somewhere that elixer strings are almost too slippery, is that right? im sure theres some overexaggeration with so many ppl here swearing by them
You can definitely tell the difference between elixirs and any other non coated string. I use ernie ball super slinkys, which are non-coated, but elixirs are very nice.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60