I used to only use my finger, then I was 50/50 with pick and fingers, and know it seems I only use a pick. I think a pick is more fun to play with and i can play fast with it. I think its really only how good you are on the frets, not whether you use your figners or a pick that shows how good you are.

Opinons?
congratulations you've found a playing style that works for you

i hope you don't want a cookie for it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
they produce completely different sounds so it all depends on whats being played, i would never dream of playing tool without a pick
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
whatever floats your boat, I think its important to be able to play with both.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Bumper
^ I don't think words can describe the confusion that statement has left me with.... So here's a picture!

+1
great. this thread wins.

but we all know it's about the flesh. plastic just doesn't cut it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
cool. i use my rarely use a pick but some of my favorite bassist(i.e. mike gordon, phil lesh) use picks so whatever floats your boat.
Quote by the humanity
great. this thread wins.

but we all know it's about the flesh. plastic just doesn't cut it.

what about stainless steel... ?
Quote by heminder
what about stainless steel... ?

you sick freak...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I make bass picks out of dead flesh and hair. They're approved by all finger players, although not the FDA...
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by kyle33093
I think its really only how good you are on the frets, not whether you use your figners or a pick that shows how good you are.

+ 1, I agree. I'm primarily a pick player myself, but I use my fingers to warm up sometimes and with some songs I have down pat with a pick.
Quote by quicksilver25
+ 1, I agree. I'm primarily a pick player myself, but I use my fingers to warm up sometimes and with some songs I have down pat with a pick.

I do the same. I just like the sound of a pick.