Hello my fellow ugh pepole of the pit...I be having some problems

I'm hopefully gonna be trying out for this band here soon and they're like really well know around my area(hardcore if that helps), i KNOW i'm not gonna be the most experienced guy there trying out and i want this really bad, like REALLY bad...

And i was just wondering...

If you ever try'd out a Guitarist for your band what sorta thing would you look for in them(like seriously)

And also can you give me any tips or advise that would help me

Thank ya

(sorry for this pointless thread, i'm just really worried )
My signature has doubled...
I'd look at playing and personality.

First, they don't have to play perfectly, but they have to show some kind of aptitude and passion for the instrument, and they have to be fairly easygoing so they aren't creating tension in the band.

Just relax and do what you do.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
you dont have to be godly at guitar, just so long as your a good musician and can write songs. prepare something origional for them. also, noone gonna want a douche in their band, so dont be. and even if your are nervous, dont show it, cuz if your nervous in front of 3 or 4 people , ull probably **** yourself playing live
just go in there and play guitar... that's all you have to do

when I got in the band I'm in now, i just played and they said: "you're the lead guitarist"

if you can play guitar and you don't act like an ass... then you should be fine
Quote by CoreysMonster
boobs are a plus, big boobs are even plusser.

This post contains lots of win.

But seriously, I probably wouldn't look for raw technicality as much as enthusiasm, love of the instrument, love of the genre, and just overall being a decent bandmate.

Good luck!
Quote by Ultraturtle0
This post contains lots of win.

But seriously, I probably wouldn't look for raw technicality as much as enthusiasm, love of the instrument, love of the genre, and just overall being a decent bandmate.

Good luck!

Thanx man
If you get to pick your own material to play, pick something that you can play really well, but it sounds good... for me i would personally play a Living End Song. Good luck anyway man and tell us how it goes eh?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
If you get to pick your own material to play, pick something that you can play really well, but it sounds good... for me i would personally play a Living End Song. Good luck anyway man and tell us how it goes eh?

Will do