hey guys, im looking for a sound like paramore's (or other similar bands)
my gear is:
boss ds-1 pedal
epiphone special II (will be a les paul once i save up for one)
and either a peavy rage 158 or line 6spider 3 (i know people hate it, but i got a killer clean tone out of it)

so any help would be much appreciated

who listens to paramore?

now for some helpful advise, probably a slight boost in treble and mids, and a little distortion, maybe more like an overdrive. I'd just experiment and see what works for you.
thanks for the help, ill take those and try (i have been messing with it)

and I listen to paramore
Quote by forsaknazrael
Just EQ your Spider with a fairly middy and trebley tone.

I like Paramore, too, but their tone isn't special, in the world of pop punk.
yeah i guess so, im just exploring the whole pop punk genre (fairly new to it) and paramore one of the only bands like that i know well (outside of radio)
I saw them live a few months ago and I believe both the guitarists were using Marshalls of some sort with various Fender Telecasters (Deluxe and Thinline were the main ones).

Paramore does a lot with delay on their clean parts, too.

If that helps you at all.
Quote by whiteraven119
I saw them live a few months ago and I believe both the guitarists were using Marshalls of some sort with various Fender Telecasters (Deluxe and Thinline were the main ones).

Paramore does a lot with delay on their clean parts, too.

If that helps you at all.

thanks, it dose
^^When I last saw them, they were using Mesa Dual Recs. They sound fairly American on their record, too.
Quote by belgarion_1000
yeah i guess so, im just exploring the whole pop punk genre (fairly new to it) and paramore one of the only bands like that i know well (outside of radio)

You should check some more stuff out. Hit me up on my profile, I'll recommend you a few bands.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^^When I last saw them, they were using Mesa Dual Recs. They sound fairly American on their record, too.

You should check some more stuff out. Hit me up on my profile, I'll recommend you a few bands.
They were? I saw the golden gleam of the signature Marshall control panel and recognized the shape of the front. I could be wrong, though.

I'll certainly find out here in a few weeks, I'm going to see them again on the 20th.

Here's a gear walk through by Josh Farro. This might help, too.
Last edited by whiteraven119 at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael

thanks man
Quote by forsaknazrael
It was like, before they got popular. They were on Warped Tour. Maybe 2 years ago? They were still touring in support of All We Know Is Falling.

SO it's not unlikely they changed their setup.

But good for you, they put on a good show. Really nice kids, too. Hayley is a sweetheart.
Yeah, definitely one of the most down-to-earth bands I've ever seen. I'd love to meet them.

Anyway, in that video I posted, he said he uses a JCM 2000 DSL and a Mesa Dual Rec. D'oh.
I LOVE PARAMORE.
i met them at warped last year and almost fainted. ha!
Quote by dann_blood
You're ginger. The terrible affliction which is a midpoint between all three.
I'm so, so sorry.

Quote by '-tempest-'
Sidewalk Stories. ftw

www.myspace.com/colleenuprising

Colleen
thanks for all the help guys, and the video was sweet
im gonna keep playing with their tones and other stuff until i get my own stuff i guess