Ya, our band (Devil Theory), just recorded a new cover of Pocahantas's 'Colors of the Wind'.

before you all criticize an make fun of us, we'd like you to know, this was basically a site read (we'd gone over it 2 times before, not at all memorized), we only listened to the actual song once, we have crappy equipment, and hopefully our guitarist doesn't remain our singer....

the song is on our bands page, Here

so ya, check it out and let us know what you think...

ps, before u mods ban me and call this an alternate account, we're posting this on my account because my friend/bandmate who's house we are at got banned, and we wanted to post this....
That was lame and not metal. Change up the riffs, dont palm mute the whole thing. some things should emphasized more or it just sounds boring. Make some creative riffs out of scales or using hammer-on/ pull off patterns. Get a new singer or teach the one whose singing now more about singing. Singing is more complicated than you think. Theres a thread/forum on it around here somewhere.........
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Last edited by Zenith Lead at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by Zenith Lead
That was lame and not metal. Change up the riffs, dont palm mute the whole thing. some things should emphasized more or it just sounds boring. Make some creative riffs out of scales or using hammer-on/ pull off patterns. Get a new singer or teach the one whose singing now more about singing. Singing is more complicated than you think. Theres a thread/forum on it around here somewhere.........

not supposed to be metal, and we were site reading it from a tab on here, and ya, as we said, hopefully he doesnt stay the singer, just all we had for now. and ya, we were just playing the basic chords from the tab on electric palm muted, we might make it better
If your going to keep that guitar part then I would say play a more intricate rhythm not just straight 16th notes. Get a new singer, and have your bass player do something other then just keeping tempo, when done right bass leads in metal are amazing.
once again, not metal, more punk than anything, and we were site reading which made it hard to come up with more intricate stuff, we'll make it better later
If you're just going to make excuses for each piece of constructive criticism then no one should comment
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
i appreciate the constructive criticism, it is helpful, however, i'm just saying, it was a site read (and we will make it more intricate, glad for your opinions on hammer-ons and such), and hopefully either he wont be our singer for long (he's actually our guitarist), or he'll get better fast