Hello, I have been looking for an amp for a while now, and its hard to find exactly what I need, and the more research I do the more possibilities I find and the less precise my ideas get.

Anyways, I just got myself a used American Strat, at a real good price might I add, and now I really need to complete the puzzle with the perfect amp. My ideal price range is $400-$500, maybe a little more to add in a peddle or something.

Anyways the two things I want most is a heavy-blues-fuzz-distortion, something a-la hendrix or so, as well as what I like to call a raunchy, gritty clean sound, I think of buddy guy when refering to this sound. I dont need a perfect clean "just guitar" sound if you know what I mean.

Anyways, extra info: I dont gig now, but it could be a possibility in the near future, so something with power, but doesnt need to be extreme, however I do have a good basement to jam in. Also, the addition of an overdrive peddle (recommendations welcome) would be fine, and possibley even encouraged to achieve my goals.

Thanks for any help.
how heavy are we talking?
if it isn't anything br00tal then i say
Peavey Classic 30 ftw (used) and you could get a nice fuzz and a tube screamer will make that thing shine
There allot of options you can choose from, I would think the best bet would be to get a blues jr. with a tubescreamer or something in that realm.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Fender blues junior is nice, but for more distortion I would say the Fender hot rod. One 12 inch speaker, 40 watts.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by Minderbinder
Fender blues junior is nice, but for more distortion I would say the Fender hot rod. One 12 inch speaker, 40 watts.

thats why we tack on the tubescreamer........

If he had a bigger budget I would suggest the deville also.
hmmmm, ok so first, how much of a difference does a one speaker make compared to a 2 or a 4 speaker? is it volume or quality or what...

secondly, is this budget reasonable to achieve decent quality in sound, with distinct sound tones? what i mean is that ive seen that blues junior recommended a lot for a lot of different styles, so since its cheap does it just hit a broad spectrum or styles with decent quality? what I would enjoy the most is something with a very unique sound
Your going to get a "bigger" sound both tonally and volume with a 4x12 cabinet vs. a single 12" But The blues jr. is just a solid low wattage tube amp that does a good job. Nothing special or fancy in my eyes, but I think you would be happy with its ability.
Fender Blues Junior with tubescreamer pedal will be perfect. I played that amp with the tubescreamer so I know what I'm talking about.

You can crank the blues junior without peeling the walls and it fits ur budget better than the other amps I'd suggest.