My parents bought me a used Fender FM65 amp. When I plugged it in and turned the volume up past 2 there was a hissing noise. I changed the cables and the guitar but once i turn the volume up the noise is still there. when i turn it onto the drive channel and turn the drive to 1 the hissing goes away until I turn the volume to 5. When I unplug the cables there is no hissing noise at all no matter the volume. Is the problem a blown speaker or loose connection or is it something more serious? Please help me.
its not the pickups because when I plug the only the cable in I have the same problem. I know its not the cable because it woks fine on my old amp.
I have the FM 212R and the only way I get feedback is if I stand close to the amp on the more drive channel and the volume past 3. I know you checked your pick ups and the cable but try a different cable and a different guitar and stand as far away as possible, it can't hurt. So if that's not it, I think It might be a loose input jack, does the cable jack wobble around in the input at all?
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Loud hiss from a solid state? Man they'll try anything to sound like the originals these days.
Quote by JaGi
Loud hiss from a solid state? Man they'll try anything to sound like the originals these days.

If you're just gonna be a total ass and not actually contribute to the thread then don't bother posting...

TS: There may be something wrong with the speakers. I'm not completely sure though. I would recommend taking your amp to a tech but SS amps are very hard to diagnose unless its something thats blatantly obvious.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
If you're just gonna be a total ass and not actually contribute to the thread then don't bother posting...

TS: There may be something wrong with the speakers. I'm not completely sure though. I would recommend taking your amp to a tech but SS amps are very hard to diagnose unless its something thats blatantly obvious.

It was a joke..... as in tube amp hiss and...

Nevermind eh.