Well my budget is 500 and below. I really want jimi hendrix and john frusciante sounds.but only 5 watts as I will only play at my home. willing to go used.

I tryed a BH little giant sounds awesome no complaints good reveiws just wondered because no has said anything about it being able to do jimi hendrix and john frusciante.

I own this epi valve jr it does it but just sounds empty at times and Using a les paul it still sounded empty. even with a bad monkey max out on dist it still sounded small. I don't think swaping the speakers will help.

The bh killer ant seems cool too but would like a eq.

I use a pretty big pedalboard just must like pedals. Everthing I said is based on youtube vids because I can't check them out.
The lighter side
Digitech makes a Hendrix pedal for $200 new, or a little over $100 used. I have never tried one, but I've almost all good things about it. So long as you get an amp with an Aux input or an effects loop you could spend $400 on an amp and find a good used pedal.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by Minderbinder
Digitech makes a Hendrix pedal for $200 new, or a little over $100 used. I have never tried one, but I've almost all good things about it. So long as you get an amp with an Aux input or an effects loop you could spend $400 on an amp and find a good used pedal.

I'm leaning toward the BH little giant . would they work togather?
The lighter side
well it can be lower also if I were to get the BH I would get a avatar cab. But I'm not sure on what size I should get and what speakers would u guys recommend
The lighter side
Last edited by The tempted at Aug 6, 2008,
I'm pretty sure I'm geting a BH little giant or the killer ant depends on how loud they are. I will be geting a avatar 1x12 cab but could u guys recommend me a speaker for it?
The lighter side
Quote by The tempted
I'm pretty sure I'm geting a BH little giant or the killer ant depends on how loud they are. I will be geting a avatar 1x12 cab but could u guys recommend me a speaker for it?

Celestion G12h Greenbacks (or pre-rola clones, Weber, Scumback, etc.)
Quote by Minderbinder
Digitech makes a Hendrix pedal for $200 new, or a little over $100 used.

Its actually made by Dunlop and its only $150 new!
dont get sig pedals... thats just stupid... Won't help you find your own tone... nor will it get you near the tone of the artist! get a big muff and a vox wah if you wanna sound a little like hendrix...
Quote by Highwaytohell
dont get sig pedals... thats just stupid... Won't help you find your own tone... nor will it get you near the tone of the artist! get a big muff and a vox wah if you wanna sound a little like hendrix...

You, sir, are a complete and total idiot! John Petrucci uses an MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive - are you going to run up to him and tell him not to use signature pedals?

Not to mention a lot of famous guitarists use pedals such as the Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell, the Zakk Wylde sig. Wah, etc.