I just got my first tube amp today (Bugera 333XL) and I'm not too sure if this is normal or not.

After I shut my amp off (Yes, I'm shutting it off properly), it makes little "pinging" noises from the inside for a couple of minutes as it cools down. I assume it's just the amp dissipating heat?

Forgive my paranoid state, but I've never owned a tube amp before and I'm a bit OCD about my gear

Is this normal?
Last edited by whiteraven119 at Aug 6, 2008,
mine is a line 6. It does it too. Non tube. My fender too. Normal for some.
its normal. its more of a PEW sound isnt it. like a lazer.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
When you're done playing, switch back to the normal (clean) channel, lower your guitar's volume all the way down, then turn off.

See if that works, because mine used to do that
Yeah, that happens to me too.
As far as I know, it's normal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
It happens on my Road King. It is just the t00bz cooling.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
or put it in standby and just strum the strings a couple times. the signal will get weaker and weaker until it goes away. then turn it off. i ususally do this just in case its bad for the amp.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Thanks very much guys. I've never owned a tube amp before and I'm pretty much babying the thing

Quote by sg622
or put it in standby and just strum the strings a couple times. the signal will get weaker and weaker until it goes away. then turn it off. i ususally do this just in case its bad for the amp.
When I shut mine down, I flip the standby off and wait for the standby light to fully fade (takes about 15-20 seconds), then I flip off the main power switch.
Last edited by whiteraven119 at Aug 6, 2008,