okay i dont even know if i'm doing this right or if its in the right place
but i have been playing acoustic for quite some time now and
i want to try something new hence electric so anyways i want
a fender stratocastor more than anything but i'm kind of worried about it
reaching metal tones or distortion or whatever i'll be into that but not
THAT much and i also dont want to spend 400 dollars if i dont have to
so if anyone would please tell me where to get the best deal(NOT A SQUIER!!)
and i want a fender even though i know there are better companies
AND i was wondering what i could do to get a good metal sound
doesnt have to be great or anything and i know this was long and confusing but
i would really appreciate anyones help or comments or anything
a MIM Fat Strat.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
a MIM Fat Strat.

i agree 100% i own one and it's amazing
"We play it the way the air is in America today. The air is slightly static isn't it ? You know what I mean ? " -Jimi Hendrix
Get a strat with a humbucker in the bridge position. Stock fender humbuckers are kinda weak in my opinion so you may want to change it out for something that has more output and definition. With that said, your amp setup is really what counts when it comes to getting a good tone for metal. I'd recommend a Roland Cube, and a HSS Strat like the others have said.
Last edited by CHIEF-CHEESE at Aug 7, 2008,
some fat strats have a floyd rose too if your lucky cause that would really rock your world... or metal your world...

this should be right down your alley
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-FR-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517910

and if your a risk taker you could pull off metal with the single coils... but humbuckers are mucho better for metal...

EDIT: what's the MIM stand for? i see it all the time but don't know...
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
WHAM-O! thanks
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
what amp are you using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i'm probably gonna get the fender 25r frontman or whatever 10 inch speaker
i'm borrowing this old huge one right now
and whats is the difference between a fat strat and a standard?
and i appreciate everyone's help
thanks a lot
Okay, you're gonna want the Fat Strat.

It's HSS configured (Humbucker-Single-Single), so when in bridge position, it is possible to achieve a decent metal tone, instead of the usual twang if it was an SSS Strat.

The Frontman... is... well, it's alright, if you're just beginning. Whereabouts in Africa do you come from? It could determine what is and isn't available to you to try/order.

EDIT:

This is a SSS Strat:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

and this is HSS:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039
Quote by clayedwardwhite
i'm probably gonna get the fender 25r frontman or whatever 10 inch speaker
i'm borrowing this old huge one right now
and whats is the difference between a fat strat and a standard?
and i appreciate everyone's help
thanks a lot

in a standard theres a SC in the bridge, in the fat theres an HB in the bridge.

and dont get a frontman, get a roland cube.
if your amp isnt suited towards "metaL" tones, then the bridge pickup type isnt going to help at all.

in general a "fat" pickup in the bridge. called a humbucker, is thicker sounding and generally used for metal tones. and that's great. you should get a guitar with a bridge humbucker, BUT

in addition to that and even more importantly, you should look into getting an amp similar to a roland cube. in you price range it will produce the tones you're looking for.

if that's not possible, i suggest you buy a pedal similar to a metal muff, to add to your temporary rig.

good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
okay thanks a lot everyone special thanks to gibson sg for making everything so clear because i didn't know what hss stood for this is all so confusing and expensive though
might just stick to acoustic but thanks again eveyone besides 'mecler', i hope you feel accomplished after that post there, everyone loves you now and you are gonna get laid tonight because you are so awesome