i was looking up tabs for after life and beast and the harlot by A7X and im thinking ok this shouldnt be too hard. then the solo comes up and it appears im screwed cause i saw Synyster play these songs live and i dont think its possible for me to play them. i have fast fingers but not that fast and im not that good at using my pinky. i know "practice makes perfect" but what should i work on first if i want to play like him some day?

Next purchase: Peavey Vypyr 30 Combo Amp
While arguably he isn't a shining example of pure technique, this has been said a million times before: Speed is a byproduct of accuracy. Practice slowly (and using your pinky) and don't try to play fast until you can play perfectly slow.
Grab your metronome (you do have one, right?) and play it nice and slow, making sure you're playing with perfect motions and perfect timing. Speed it up nice and slowly.

That's the only way that is guaranteed to work. It's tedious, but necessary. Soon you'll be ripping it up.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by White-Trash Wil
i was looking up tabs for after life and beast and the harlot by A7X and im thinking ok this shouldnt be too hard. then the solo comes up and it appears im screwed cause i saw Synyster play these songs live and i dont think its possible for me to play them. i have fast fingers but not that fast and im not that good at using my pinky. i know "practice makes perfect" but what should i work on first if i want to play like him some day?

if you want to sound like him some day, practice ALL his solos, at half the speed.
just like the other guy said, get a metronome and practice.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic