ok so I play mostly blues and i have have a fender Twin Reverb and basiclly i want to trick it out for blues so i was wondering what sort of tubes and speackers i should put in it for a real sweet'n'tasty blues sound??
Strat blues or 335/Les Paul blues?
Willing to tweak the circuit?
Which twin is it?
Using any pedals?
Quote by Roc8995
Strat blues or 335/Les Paul blues?
Willing to tweak the circuit?
Which twin is it?
Using any pedals?

um i use a les paul but im soon to have a strat....Circuit tweaking maybe if i can pay someone else to do it.......Its the reissue
umm as far as pedals go right now im just planing on getting a blues driving and a nice boutique pedal for rock/distortion maybe a fulltone or somthing maybe an english muff'n not sure yet...
Cool. Well, I'll leave circuit tweaks alone for now. I'd put all JJs in it- maybe get NOS 12AT7s if you don't mind spending a bit extra. As far as speakers, the Weber 12F150 is excellent.
Quote by Roc8995
Cool. Well, I'll leave circuit tweaks alone for now. I'd put all JJs in it- maybe get NOS 12AT7s if you don't mind spending a bit extra. As far as speakers, the Weber 12F150 is excellent.

why? why would u prefer those for blues like ughh...what makes them special?
The webers are clearer and warmer than the stock speakers. The twin is already an excellent blues amp so these speakers improve on the tone without changing the basic flavor of the amp.
The all JJ tubes will tame some of the treble and get you a smoother sound. A 12AT7 in V1 instead of a 12AX7 will lower the gain a bit and give you some extra clarity if you want that.
Quote by Roc8995
The webers are clearer and warmer than the stock speakers. The twin is already an excellent blues amp so these speakers improve on the tone without changing the basic flavor of the amp.
The all JJ tubes will tame some of the treble and get you a smoother sound. A 12AT7 in V1 instead of a 12AX7 will lower the gain a bit and give you some extra clarity if you want that.

alright thanks while im talkin to you would u have any suggestion for a good distortion pedal to use through it? I wouldent really be playing metal it be more like Black Rebel Motorcycle club(if you know who they are),Drive Like Jehu (if you know who they are) kinda like a progressive punkish hard rockish sound somthin with a bite i think id like a british voicing.....im new to guitar only been playin about 3 months
That might be tough to do with a twin, I'd try an EH Big Muff with the sustain turned down.