Yo, so I just recently bought myself a used Fender American Strat. Real good deal, mainly because the top of the guitar had been sanded down to the wood. The back and sides still contain the original glossy purple, but the top is just plain ole wood now.

I am actually pretty excitied about this, because now I get to customize the pain job guilt free, and I am looking for suggestions.

Ive been told it will be a bitch to sand off the rest of the paint, but I am defenitaley willing to if thats what the design requires. I dont have a lot of ideas in mind, but something colorful, perhaps with a "trippy" sort of pattern would be neat.

So just shoot me ideas or pictures of already customized ones and help me figure something cool out. Thanks.
Tye Dye would probably be pretty good, and you could keep the purple. Go retro and put a peace. Hell, splatter paint on it.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

I would just spatter paint on it. Hell, you can do whatever you want with it.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I'd say paint something on it that represents the music you play - don't worry about it looking "cool". Make it original and make it reflect who you are as a musician!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I'd say paint something on it that represents the music you play - don't worry about it looking "cool". Make it original and make it reflect who you are as a musician!

Even though I already posted once, I just wanna say that this ^ is the bestest sugestion.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Dude, paint a naked chick on the guitar, and i think you know what's gonna be painted over the input jack.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
If you can just get your hands on an random orbital sander you'll have no worries sanding off the rest of the guitar.

I'd put on some UV responsive clearcoat over whatever you paint, cause I'm tacky like that.

i have no idea what the uv responsive means, or why it makes one tacky

except on your guitar
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
^ That's pretty wicked.

Hmm, actually here's something cool...

http://www.ironsideguitars.com/

This guy lives in my hometown and does some beautiful guitar carvings. Check out his designs on there. I hope this isn't advertising, but I don't just wanna copy and paste his designs in here.

EDIT: I linked directly to his site instead.
Quote by otherkid
Dude, paint a naked chick on the guitar, and i think you know what's gonna be painted over the input jack.

I lol'd.

I'd splatter paint. It sounds like a hippy guitar anyways
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
i think you should paint whatever you want on it, but leave the purple. like make your design fade into purple on the sides. i think it would be cool
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣