Hi guys!

I just got a guitar, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, first guitar, learning guitar right now.

I am just wondering, can someone explain me the Electronics on the guitar and what they do. It has 4 knobs,

Someone search up the Epiphone Les Paul Guitar and tell me, clockwise what each knob does, clockwise starting from the top , assuming that the guitar is on the stand, Up right.

I know the knobs do something with the amp, master volume or some ****, ones treble, but which is which. And also I have a switch on the guitar and its "Treble" and Rythym" can someone explain to me thoroughly what it does.

That will be greatly appreciated.

My Regards,

D
Quote by sanomode
Hi guys!

I just got a guitar, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, first guitar, learning guitar right now.

I am just wondering, can someone explain me the Electronics on the guitar and what they do. It has 4 knobs,

Someone search up the Epiphone Les Paul Guitar and tell me, clockwise what each knob does, clockwise starting from the top , assuming that the guitar is on the stand, Up right.

I know the knobs do something with the amp, master volume or some ****, ones treble, but which is which. And also I have a switch on the guitar and its "Treble" and Rythym" can someone explain to me thoroughly what it does.

That will be greatly appreciated.

My Regards,

D

looking right at the guitar on a guitar stand the controls will be like this

neck volume - bridge volume
neck tone - bridge tone

and next time, search yourself
we're not your own personal search engine
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Last edited by hell_monkey at Aug 6, 2008,
the knobs control the volume and tone for each pickup. the switch that says rhythm and treble is your pickup selector. the rhythm one is the bridge pickup (near bridge towards bottom) and the treble one is the neck pickup.

hope i helped.
Although I don't know exactly which is which, in most cases you can think of them as two sets of knobs, each set having the same function as the other, only used on the different channels. One knob will be volume, and one will be tone for the treble channel, and the same goes for the rhythm channel with the other two knobs.
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
Quote by jess2112
the knobs control the volume and tone for each pickup. the switch that says rhythm and treble is your pickup selector. the rhythm one is the bridge pickup (near bridge towards bottom) and the treble one is the neck pickup.

hope i helped.

you have the switch positions backwards. the bridge is treble and the neck is rhythm
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
thanks alot guys, I guess in due time i will know what is what. As for the first reply, I don't want you to be my personal search engine. I tried looking for an explanation on google but did not find anything useful. That is why I hit up a forum and thats what a forum is about, either way thanks for you contribution 'hell_monkey"

and a big thanks once again to everyone else.
Quote by mikeyElite
you have the switch positions backwards. the bridge is treble and the neck is rhythm

you're right. my bad.

i just checked my guitar and found i mixed them up lol.