hi i am trying to write a metal song because it would be coolthe problem is that i just cant seem to make any thing sound good
i guess i just dont have any creativitydo u have any songwriting tips?
My futile existance could be summed up in one word

Derp!!!
Well first off, writing in rainbow isnt br00tal at all. Metal is br00tal.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
my sister got 2 it
any helpful info?

Derp!!!
first off writting butal with 00 is not metal its stupid. as for tips it all depends on what you want as your subject matter, and also depending on the style you want to play some subjects work better with different styles. so what style do you want to play? and what sort of thing do you want to sing about???
i usually play iron maiden style the way it is not too fast but isnt so slow
as for what i write about....
i dont realy know....
i ll have to think about that

Derp!!!
Last edited by swaggerman at Aug 7, 2008,
Well, as far as lyrics, post something, so we can see where you stand. I don't care how crappy it is, just post it. It's hard to help dudes out when there's not much known about them.
first off writting butal with 00 is not metal its stupid.

Tooshay.

Im not a metal head at all but I'd imagine write lyrics for it is the same as any other genre. Just think of any subject you care about, then just brainstorm and write down everything it makes you think of, and every picture it makes you see. Then just start forming it into words or a story. I know, its hard, I realy struggle at too. Just keep trying. One key is, DO NOT judge your lyrics while writing them, no matter how stupid they may sound to you.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by swaggerman
i usually play iron maiden style the way it is not too fast but isnt so slow
as for what i write about....
i dont realy know....
i ll have to think about that

maiden wrote on a variety of subjects, but a theme that works well with power/NWOBHM is that of fantasy, things about fantasy worlds or myths of old or battles or even a bit of an occoult theme (not so full on like black metal) but like the guy below me said you can write about anything