Ok so since I'm bored as hell and have some time, I thought I'd shop around for my next guitar. Now I'm pretty broke right now but I"ll be gettin some money soon and I'm lookin at a new guitar in say half a year- to a year or so. Now I'm aimin for the next guitar I buy to be a nice, sturdy one that will last me the rest of my student career, in the very least. Now I was lookin at some Gibson Les Pauls and I just love the shape of Les Pauls. I know its not the most original guitar to buy but Gibson looks so good on that headstock and I love the shape and tone that Les Pauls give. Price isn't really a matter here except not over 1500 I'm guessing. But to all you Les Paul owners, are Les Pauls what I'm looking for? I want an oldschool looking guitar that has that crisp overdrive sound. I dunno but I fell in love with G 'n R's tone and all those other "old" rock bands. I just love the look of simplicity and vintage. I range from everything from alternative rock, classic rock, heavy metal, metal, pretty much any type of rock. It has to sound good on overdrive and clean, is what I'm trying to say. I'm not too familiar with any of the pickups that Gibson uses. So I wouldn't know what kinda tone they would give off. I know the old saying I'll be getting "GO TRY EM OUT YOURSELF YOU DUMBCRAP!" and I WILL. Just not now. I wanna get a list of guitars to try out before I go to a GC or something cuz I'll prolly be only going once. I've also looked at some Schecter C-1 Hellraisers and heard good reviews of em. How do these 2 guitars compare? And if you guys could recommend any certain Les Paul types to me and stuff thatd be great! Thanks UG!

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text.
Check out a Hagstrom Super Swede. There just as good as Gibson LPs (if not better) for less than $600. The reason they're so much cheaper is because they're made in China by a Swedish company, not America like Gibson
epiphone elitist
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
epiphone elitist

Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by hell_monkey
epiphone elitist

Yeah I've heard good things about these. Would they really compare to like a Gibson Standard LP or something?
Quote by Antibiotics101
Yeah I've heard good things about these. Would they really compare to like a Gibson Standard LP or something?

Only things that are different are that they don't have a nitro finish, and that they're made in Japan.

Better yet, if you can find them, are the Epiphones made for the Japanese market. They have a Gibson headstock and a nitro finish.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by LukeBTH
Check out a Hagstrom Super Swede. There just as good as Gibson LPs (if not better) for less than $600. The reason they're so much cheaper is because they're made in China by a Swedish company, not America like Gibson

i checked it out...eh its not what i'm looking for...i dont like the body type or something about it just didnt click.

EDIT: What do you guys think about this one? I absolutely love the color and the keystone tuners.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard--60s-Neck-Electric-Guitar-101852499-i1149215.gc

I have a quesiton, whats the difference between the Burstbucker Pro pickups versus the 500T and 496R pickups? as in the Classic LP. Thanks.
Last edited by Antibiotics101 at Aug 7, 2008,
I'm gonna go with the Elitist motion.
Burstbucker's are more similar to PAF's than 500t/496r, which are extremely high output ceramic humbuckers.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by FloyDZeD
Only things that are different are that they don't have a nitro finish, and that they're made in Japan.

Better yet, if you can find them, are the Epiphones made for the Japanese market. They have a Gibson headstock and a nitro finish.

The Epi Les Paul Custom (Elite series) has a Nitro finish.

Antibiotics101, eBay has a bunch of MIJ LPs, priced anywhere from $450 to $1100, depending on condition and features: