I've been looking around for 5 string. However, alot of the 5 strings I've been looking at have 35" inch scale nexts that I'm not a fan of. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on some good 5 string more suited for the high C.
Quote by thegiaco2112
34 ?

Yea..34 inch scale is what I'm lookin for but I was more looking for suggestions on models. I've been trying out as much as I can at the local shops but I haven't found anything special yet.
Quote by Zycho
Yea..34 inch scale is what I'm lookin for but I was more looking for suggestions on models. I've been trying out as much as I can at the local shops but I haven't found anything special yet.

check some fenders, washburns, schecter, yamaha
Near 1000$. I'm looking for a nice bass that'll last me a long time. So it's flexible.
You could get the 5 string Fender Jazz 24V bass. They are 34'' scale and around $800 at guitar center.
As mentioned before, the Jazz V 24 in the original Tobacco Sunburst Quite Maple Top or new Flat Black is a great choice, and for a wee bit over a grand, you can get the new, fantastic American Series Fender. You really can't go wrong with a Fender - and they make 5-string Precisions now, too. I'd buy the flat black one sight unseen... if the back of the neck was black too, like a Stealth Bongo.

However, I gotta say - how can you not find 34" scale 5-strings? Are you only looking at ESP or something? Yamaha, Ibanez, Warwick, Fender, EBMM, Lakland... and those are just at the top of my head.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well I'm not really a fan of Warwick or Fender so I'm just kinda trying to see what's out there you know?
Here is but one of many, I was actually thinking of stringing one of these with a high C as well.