Whats a good distortion pedal for music like.......
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Hot Snakes
Drive Like Jehu
Jimi Hendrix
Queens of the Stone Age
Tom Waits (Just Jokin lol)
and other **** like that????

I have a Reissue Twin reverb
Last edited by Brian8878682 at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by TChun321
DS-1 Best for all types except metal

really because alot of people hate them...alot lol
maybe you should get the Boss FZ-5 fuzz box. its more along the lines of a fuzz box for the sound you want
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

i also own a fender amp a fender amp and if your looking for distortion look at boss pedals,my fender has very weak distortion but i put my boss metalzone in front of it and it just screams,also you might want to look at overdrive pedals,maybe even some fuzz pedals boss makes these pedals also,another good company is mxr
This boss **** is unbelievable... STOP SAYING BOSS BECAUSE YOU COULD DO MUCH BETTER

Listen, if you got the cash, snag an arteffects zenith, or fulltone OCD... Maybe a visual sound double trouble...
Quote by Highwaytohell
This boss **** is unbelievable... STOP SAYING BOSS BECAUSE YOU COULD DO MUCH BETTER

Listen, if you got the cash, snag an arteffects zenith, or fulltone OCD... Maybe a visual sound double trouble...

Just because you don't like Boss doesn't mean that no one is allowed to recommend them. Its all about personal taste. Just because you like the arteffects zenith and fulltone ocd doesn't mean that everyone will - to some they may sound like total **** whereas you may think they sound like gifts sent from heaven.
Overdrive pedal would be better than distortion pedal for the music u like. I have no say in distortion pedals cuz I don't use one
I do like the Boss DS-1 sound. With tone and distortion up you can get a really shreddy sound, tone down is more like a heavy distortion. You can get pretty great Hendrix tones IMO. But I can't disagree with the fact that the Fuzz Face was made for him.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
this thread = fail too. what's with all the fail in the threads lately.

on topic: TS, look at tubescreamer clones, the double trouble by visual sounds is like two tubescreamers in one box. It's a pretty cool pedal.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
this thread = fail too. what's with all the fail in the threads lately.

on topic: TS, look at tubescreamer clones, the double trouble by visual sounds is like two tubescreamers in one box. It's a pretty cool pedal.

+1, newier Boss dist. are mediocer at best, some are alright, but the MT-2 "metal Zone" really is not a good sounding pedal at all, it might be neat for an effect but its really not worth having for a main dist. tone. The ds-1 is not great ethier, but for 40 USD its not a bad pedal.

TS I would look into the Visual Sound stuff, its really is some good stuff, that emulates tube OD very well. The Double Trouble looks awesome, I have the Jekll and Hyde and I really like it, I recomend it if you want to have a nice tube screamer sound, paired with a nice distortion for the mid gain-high gain tones.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6