I recently bought an Epiphone SG and it was one that I thought was new but was off the hanger thing is that classified as new? But anyways for my real problem I was walking up the stairs and my hand lightly and I mean really lightly turned the tone knob and it fell off. Does this happen often to guitars? Does it mean it was poorly constructed? And another question I had my strap on and I was walking and it slipped out of the strap like it just popped off but luckily it fell on my bed. Does this happen often?
Thank you.
You can just put the knob back on and if it becomes a real issue just buy a new set of knobs, they're like 10 bucks. And if you're worried about your guitar falling it's a good idea to invest in some locking pegs.
1. It was a floor model.
2. Might've just been a loose knob, or it was stripped or something.
3. Get strap locks.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Do you think they can fix it in the store? Or would they need to keep it for awhile?
just take it and push it back on, it's not a big deal
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
at GC they sell new knobs for Sgs, i bought some for my LP when they fell off.
and for the strap get strap locks or a new strap because the whole in your strap are too big and its falling off.
How can I add the knob? The connector piece is inside the guitar and I cannot grab it.
oh...thats sounds like a problem only hollowbodys have, can you take pictures?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by TheEak
You can just put the knob back on and if it becomes a real issue just buy a new set of knobs, they're like 10 bucks. And if you're worried about your guitar falling it's a good idea to invest in some locking pegs.

say the same
MY GEAR
Gibson:SG special faded
Behringer:???
Behringer:V-tone GM108
Laney:TF400
Drums:Trax
Dunlop:Crybaby
No it's a solid. There is something like this (/) inside and there is a washer and a nut and then the knob. The (/) thing looks likes it is pushed inside but comes out when I turn it upside down.
Quote by Splagl
How can I add the knob? The connector piece is inside the guitar and I cannot grab it.

you mean the potentiometer fell into the guitar? you can take off the rear cover plate and put it back in place but you probably lost the washer and the nut that screws onto the shaft.

if you don't have the washer and nut then go back to the shop and tell them what happened. they can probably give you a new set. and you could put it back on yourself. if you take your guitar in and have them do it, you might wind up having to leave your guitar there for a week or 2, who knows.

as for the knob coming off. if the shaft that the knob slides onto has a split down the middle, then take a flat-head screw driver and separate them just a little bit, so that the knob fits on more tightly.

your main problem is finding a new washer and nut. good luck

edit: just read your latest post. so pop the potentiometer back in the hole. washer goes on first, then screw on the nut. you're done
Last edited by sethp at Aug 7, 2008,
Ok I did that and it worked. However the knob seemed to not line up and I want get it 100% fixed so I'm going to take it to the store. They said they can do it quickly.
Thank you for the help.
YOUR KNOB FELL OFF!!!#!#)!*$^)
oh.. your guitar knob, im saddened to hear that.
Quote by braydz
YOUR KNOB FELL OFF!!!#!#)!*$^)
oh.. your guitar knob, im saddened to hear that.

OUT!

My Sheraton does this sometimes too, i think the best way to fix it would be to get some new knobs or live with it. If it was like that when you bought it they should sort it out for free at the shop you bought it from.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
careful, that twisting may have broken some wires off. just be aware of that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.