Check out my pop punk/alternative rock called Checkbox! We've been around for 2 years, and the stuff on our myspace is old material, but we have much better stuff that just hasnt been recorded yet.. But check us out and tell me what you think
Dont listen to the covers though. The recordings are horrible!

myspace.com/checkbox
Last edited by sprkidjar at Aug 6, 2008,
The tracks sound decent but there's a lot of work to be done. I suppose I will simply cut straight to the chase - the songs are good, but they sound sloppy. I imagine that these songs would sound pretty good live, but the recordings seem off.

I am no recording expert, so I have no real suggestions. You say that these are old recording so I'm going to guess and say that everyone has improved at least slightly and therefore the two issues I will point out aren't a big deal. First, there are points when the tempo changes and things are sloppy for a few seconds. Fix this. Secondly, the vocalist sounds really good most of the time, but there are points where he starts to sound off key which really detracts from the tunes.

Overall the only "bad" thing about these tunes is that tonnes of bands already write music like this, so it bores me after a while. You've got some good sounding tunes that are pretty catchy, so good work there. If you've got some time take a peek at my acoustic stuff and let me know what you think. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968