so i have been learning how to play a guitar an a old cheap beat up acoustic guitar for the past few months. I want to get a electric guitar that is pretty cheap and is good for any kind of rock music. any suggestions?
squier strat?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
epi les paul special II, its crappy but its what i learned on and im not doin to shabby now.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Many brands offer starter packs that include a small amp and everything you need for about 200 dollars. I find this is sufficient if later you decide that guitar is not right for you. I would stick to well known guitar companies because you can have an idea of what you are buying. I'd suggest an Ibanez or Fender Squire pack, they can be pretty good quality for what you are buying.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
the epiphone special II isn't bad. i actually still enjoy the guitar quite a bit.definitely look into it. also the ibanez starter guitars and squires. vox make good amps, blackhearts, fender, and the new roland microcube is really cool. get a distortion pedal also. maybe a blackheart and a metalcore, and an epiphone special II. you should be able to fit that in or close to your budget
Jay Turser JT-300
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
agile guitars over at rondo.com has a lot of cheap knockoffs of strat , tele, lp's. good quality for the money. they have a sx something or other, that is a Les Paul Jr. style for $130. that and a Cube or VOX ad30vt and you have your $350 spent.
a epiphone les paul special II and Roland Cube
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Dean Vendetta or other XM models are great for the cash
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Go to Rondomusic and choose one Agile guitar that you like. They're very good for beginner and pro a like.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

www.rondomusic.com without a doubt. Great quality instruments at mouth watering prices.. . The reason I like these guys a lot is because they have a great and insanely affordable lineup of Left-Handed models, very smart thinking from them.

They should pay me to promote, I can make them sound godly. XD
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
I got a squier starter set, and it was great for a first guitar. Crap amp in the set (SP-10) though.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I got an Ibanez GAX in a starter pack, and the amp kicked arse. The guitar was a bit of a lemon, but I can't argue that when its hot, it rocks.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
And I forgot one thing: AVOID THE STARTER PACKS AT ALL COST! Although some are quite good but do avoid them anyway...
Get yourself some decent gear. You will be happy you did it.

I would recommend a Agile of some sort as mentioned early and a modeling amp unit like the cheap Line 6 Pocket POD. The good thing is that you can experience around with wide range of effects and amp models. Helps build up a ground for future upgrade.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R